B5 ships in Campaign

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

waldsman

B5 ships in Campaign

Post by waldsman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Is there any way to mod the game so i can build b5 ships somebdy please answer me i would love to do it.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Yes, there's a way. It's not entirely easy, and I haven't looked into how to do it properly. I suggest you take a look here: http://forums.relicnews.com/index.php

Ask about adding new ships in the campaign mission on the HW2 modding forum. You can usually find a few experts lurking on that forum.

maudib

Post by maudib » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:05 am

Wow, well done to all on this mod! I have just played through the single player campaigns using some of your B5 ships ( hope you don't mind me tinkering with your mod). Brought back a lot of good HW memories. Again, thanks for the hard work.

To the 1st post, if you mean getting HW2 to build B5 ships in the single player missions, just install this mod, then create the original folders for the ships you want and place the modded files into it, and rename them with the original names. for example, If I want to replace the hgn_destroyer in the Homeworld2\Data\Ship folder with the Nova class dreadnought, then place all the files from the Nova Ship folder into the newly created hgn_destroyer folder and rename them to the original homeworld names. Some ships like the B5, B4 and Explorer cause a game crash at this point in time.

Cmd>metalvenom

Post by Cmd>metalvenom » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:52 pm

maudib wrote:Wow, well done to all on this mod! I have just played through the single player campaigns using some of your B5 ships ( hope you don't mind me tinkering with your mod). Brought back a lot of good HW memories. Again, thanks for the hard work.

Wow is that old school Maudib? lol if so long time no see :)

waldsman

Post by waldsman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Maudib could you please do a step by step on how to do it ive looked all over the internet and most people dont want to mess with the campaign files it would be greatly appreciated if you could explain to me how to do it exactly iam preety good at modding script files and such but i need a step by step cause i cant figure it out.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Well, the method he's getting at is more or less just about renaming every file called e.g. ear_omega.whatever, including the folder to whatever ship you want it to replace, e.g. hgn_destroyer.

I haven't tested it myself, but it should work for most ships.

Sayman

Post by Sayman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:15 am

for single payer mode with B5 ship, just need add all b5 tech`s to research list and build list, then start single game and be cool.
and i have one question: when we can see a Centauri ships in mod?

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:20 am

The answer to that is: some loosely defined time after we've released v1.0 of the mod with the two sides we're working on now.

Be patient, we'll get there eventually. Though we could always use the help of more skilled modellers and texturers to get us there sooner. At the moment, we only have CnlPepper and Sastrei working on models, and Sastrei is only doing the Babylon 5 model itself. This means that work is slow going, since CnlPepper also has to maintain the shaders and balance the mod.

Most of us working on the mod have one main task that we do, so it falls on CnlPepper to do the rest until we find someone else skilled enough to help.

petrus431

Post by petrus431 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:41 pm

have you new screenshots from ships ?

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:31 am

Not anything interesting yet. Be patient, we're still working on the areas of the mod that can't be shown off in a screenshot.

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”