New Nova Model

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

snake

Post by snake » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:42 pm

CnlPepper wrote:If you want to try that'd be great, however to be acceptable its going to need to be reliable and not require the player to manually have to do anything. As much as its a nice feature, it is really a novelty and not going to greatly add to the gameplay. I certainly don't want it to detract from the play in any form.
It won't need the player to do anything, don't worry, it will be totally "transparent" for him.
CnlPepper wrote:I think getting the subsystem to auto build is going to be the awkward bit. We could exploit the madstate system to trigger the construction if the required functions are in scope..
I already know how to do this, just with a little bit of scripting, no need to use the madstate system, believe me ;)

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Now, if these ships become build capable, they'll count as command ships, and thus unbalance the game unless the same is done for the Minbari capital ships. Is there a way for them to autobuild these subsystems without them counting towards keeping the player alive?

Then again, I've been thinking that it might be nice to have the bigger ships count as command ships, like the battlecruiser in vanilla HW2. You'd think that a Sharlin or Warlock would be sufficient to keep the player in the fray, even if his enemy has taken out his build capabilities. Especially on bigger maps, where one of these ships could be used to take over a station command point and get the player back on his feet.

Any thoughts about this?

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:17 pm

TONV: I can add an option to disable the check for build capable ships as an end game condition, we can provide an option to allow play to continue for players with no build capable ships. I think this would be more practical.

snake: I look forward to seeing your idea. :)

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:23 pm

CnlPepper wrote:TONV: I can add an option to disable the check for build capable ships as an end game condition, we can provide an option to allow play to continue for players with no build capable ships. I think this would be more practical.
Good idea with the game option. Then again, if both the check for build capable ships and for control point ownership are disabled, you could end up with a never ending game. Maybe make it so that a game has to have one of the two enabled.

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:20 pm

I was going to make it a multi-option dialog with only valid options.

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:45 pm

I've modified the area capture game type, grab an update from the SVN. You now have choice over how players are eliminated - on loss of their build ships or on loss of all their ships. The option to disable the capture victory is already present.

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”