Permission to use Omega or similar Texture?

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

Sheriden

Permission to use Omega or similar Texture?

Post by Sheriden » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi guys, been a long time since I've been on. School been taking up too much time, as well as family issues.

Anyway, for the end of my college program, me and a friend are entering into a website design competition, which could result in a job placement if our website is chosen as the winner.

So my question is directed towards anyone who has created a texture for the omega or any similar "EA black metallic" texture. I have an idea for a business logo involving a 3D triangle among other things, and would like to texture the triangle with that sort of "omega black metallic" look to it. Would anyone be willing to provide a texture with permission for me to use it in a business logo? I would create one myself but I have zero talent for creating textures.

Anyway, let me know guys, thanks a lot.

BigBANGtheory

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:47 pm

When I created a texture for the EA Omega (not related for the B5:WWE btw) I used a sample from the default textures in 3DSmax which I then tiled over the surface. You then have options to increase the glossiness etc using pixel shaders once you have a light source.

Point is its not hard to find metallic texture examples using other sources such as google, rather than creating the whole thing yourself from scratch chances are you will get something better suited to your needs this way.

I can send you the texture I used, you have to remember though they look different in a 3D engine once the shader effect are applied again you might be better off with a screenshot of the texture in game rather than the texture itself.

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 pm

unfortunately I do not have access to 3DSMax. If you could send me the texture, I might be able to play around with it. Thanks for the advice on how to make one also! My email info should be in my profile, if not, just PM me.

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”