Progress Update

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

A2597

Post by A2597 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Amras wrote:Just want to agree to BigBang's correction. They do. And it looks really nice on an Omega...^^
Ow....

that hurts....

I WANNA SEE!!! :D :D

BigBANGtheory

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:45 am

The turrets in B5:WWE look damn fine too, it gives the ship some life about it rather than a chess piece. The old Hiigaran Destroyer was, I always felt, a real step up from the standard frigate because of that.

Sayman

Post by Sayman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:16 am

can some tell me about Omega-X? Fusion beam`s have some bug`s...
At shooting, the beam as if fails, I meen of that effect not such as at shadows or at other beam weapons. It will be corrected? Because of it it is impossible to use normally these destroyers.
And the second question: whether there will be ships of Centauri? It would be desirable also for them to arrange on full:)

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:54 am

There is nothing wrong with the Omega-X beams weapons, they fire in short pulses like the show. I've certainly not found it impossible to use them, they annihilate most things they are put up against.

We would like to add the centauri in the future, once we get the EA and Minbari finished. Our principle modeller is busy atm hence why no new models have appeared in a while.

A2597

Post by A2597 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:31 pm

CnlPepper wrote:There is nothing wrong with the Omega-X beams weapons, they fire in short pulses like the show. I've certainly not found it impossible to use them, they annihilate most things they are put up against.

We would like to add the centauri in the future, once we get the EA and Minbari finished. Our principle modeller is busy atm hence why no new models have appeared in a while.

once the mod has some more updates, I'll make another news posting at firstones. :) These excellent mods are all that's left of Babylon 5 now...so thank you very much for your work!

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:42 pm

I'll make another news posting at firstones.
Great, I'll try and get the weapon hit effects finished sometime this week or next. Thanks. :)

A2597

Post by A2597 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:25 pm

CnlPepper wrote:Great, I'll try and get the weapon hit effects finished sometime this week or next. Thanks. :)
Got to keep publicity up! :D

Sayman

Post by Sayman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:09 am

can you make a beam weapon? like in TV series...like a slide on ship`s...or how i can make it self?

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am

If you're thinking of making the beam weapons slide across the hull of the ship it's shooting at, then it's probably impossible. The way weapons are programmed in HW2, beam weapons fire at fixed points within a bounding box, or just the center of the ship if it isn't set up properly.

Without access to the source code, there's probably no way to change that.

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Actually thats not entirely true.....you can make them slide around but its incredibly fickle. I doesn't always work consistently. The shadow battle crab should do it now.

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”