[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Progress Update

Progress Update

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

Progress Update

Postby CnlPepper » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Its been quite a while since I've written anything here so I thought it would be best if I update you on the state of the mod. I have to admit things are going slowly at the moment. I started a new job a few months ago and it, plus searching for a house, is currently taking the majority of my time. However, I and the rest of the team are still working on things. Now I've got the Relic FXTool working, with textures loading properly, I've been spending my time experimenting with hit FX and explosions. I'll hopefully be able to upload the results in a week or two.

The Area Capture Game logic has been rewritten to allow more flexibility. I've added a new "paused" state which means that a player mid way through capturing a point does not have the capture reset when an enemy ship enters the control zone. Instead, the capture is paused until the player successfully fights off the enemy. It restarts where it left off. If the player loses the battle, only then is the capture timer reset.

I'm making a call for any modellers out there who would want to help as Zeelich is very busy atm. Amras, if you are still reading these forums from time to time can we possibly use some of your B5 models to fill in the gaps we have in our ship line-ups?

Finally are there any people out there who want to do some foley work for them mod? (foley = Sound FX). We'll want to get samples from the episodes or, where it is not posible to get a clean sample, remake the SFX. I simply don't have the time to work on the sound atm.

Anyway, things are still moving and they will pick up so please don't abandon us yet! :)
CnlPepper

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:54 pm

I'd like to add here that we do have a few good models already that aren't quite ready to go in the mod yet. Among them is the Babylon 5 herself. The model simply put, needs to be made ready for HW2 and the new shaders, so anyone who's up for the task of getting models ingame feel free to offer your services.
TheOneNamedViper

Postby snake » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:05 pm

i'm still working on a secret part of the mod, and CnlPeper, i'm late, i know, so please accept my excuses. RL is currently taking a good part of my time unfortunately.
B5 addicted
snake

Postby CnlPepper » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:46 pm

No worries snake :)
CnlPepper

Postby BigBANGthe0ry » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:26 am

BigBANGthe0ry

Postby StarFall » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:17 am

StarFall

Postby Dukoth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Dukoth

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:26 pm

Also, last I checked, X3's turrets didn't visually animate. It always annoyed me that turrets on capital ships weren't pointing in the direction they were shooting.
TheOneNamedViper

Postby BigBANGtheory » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:50 pm

BigBANGtheory

Postby Amras » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Amras

Next

Return to Babylon 5: War Without End