SoaSE:Babylon 5

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

SoaSE:Babylon 5

Post by nbroadsword » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:54 am

Are any modders here interested in helping make a Babylon 5 mod for Sins of a Solar Empire?

Post by bzb » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Happily give such a mod a home here [/sales pitch, well not really ssales since i dont sell anything]
Cheese is evil.

Post by maxdamage » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Can the demo to Sins of a Solar Empire be modded is it one of the few "modern" games I can play with the onboard graphics card???

Post by Spinner666 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:53 pm

I don't think there are any mods for the demo but TheStressPuppy has done an excellent job converting the old homeworld mod 'Sacrifice of Angels' to Sins of a Solar Empire. ... f-angels-2

There was a B5 mod in the works but I think the fella doing it has given up, he went by the name BigBANGtheory here's a link to he site. http://babylon5mod4soase.myfreeforum.or ... out28.html

Post by BigBANGthe0ry » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Given up on the game engine m8, SoaSE is great to mod up until you want to do any serious conversion type work.

As a past master HW2 player I was hoping SoaSE would build upon the strengths of HW2 and expand the RTS gameplay into 4X and seemed like an obvious choice for a B5 themed mod.

What actually has transpired is the game developers have taken shortcuts on the engine design which they have then worked around to produce the game.

Fair dues to IronClad they have not got the resources or development team comparable to Relic, and I'm not saying they haven't done a fantastic job or produced a duff game, but I am saying from the perspective of someone who has spent a reasonable ammount of time investigating, experimenting, tweaking and asking questions relevent to a potential B5 mod that SoaSE ain't ready yet and that the hope lies in future expansions*.

*Which are on there way, so if you want to start early I will help with work and knowledge done to date. I am not going to develop stuff further until I see some much needed improvements and features added to the game engine. To be frank if the game engine could do what HW2 does that would be enough....

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”