Nice Mod!

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

Havok

Nice Mod!

Post by Havok » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 pm

The whole SVN thing was new to me but, this mod is worth the few extra steps it takes to download and install. Very nice looking ships and the capture mode is a welcome change. Bravo!!

pilot2008

Post by pilot2008 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:15 pm

hey mate if you wanna have some fun go to the campaign thread

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Welcome to the forums then. :) It's always nice to get feedback from people who play the mod. Feel free to post constructive criticism about the gameplay. We're making it up as we go along, so if you think of something that would make it more fun to play, then don't hesitate to write to us about it here.

Havok

Post by Havok » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 am

Thanks Viper, I'll be keeping that in mind. And pilot2008, thanks for pointing towards that campaign thread, it looks like that will be fun!

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Well been a very long time since i have been here, i have to agree, the latest updates to SVN have been very impressive, been running this on windows 7 beta and looks very nice (SVN seems to work alot better Win 7 than Vista).

The capture mode is really cool (however i did find it seems to distract me from actually look at the ships to closely.

Is it just me or do the minbari seem rather weak, EA fighters seem to own the and the Sharlin didnt actually seem all that powerful, i really like the reward system in capture, random first ones ships popping up for holding a point, very cool!

Oh and the hyperspace window looks like a good start, im hoping we will see something very similar to one in the old firstones B5 mod,now that was damn impressive!

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm glad you like it, its always good to hear. :)

The balancing will be worked on once I add the proper build times and costs, I'll start doing this sometime in the next month or so.

The current hyperspace anim is pretty much as good as it gets in HW2. HW2's effects system is much more limited compared to the original HW etg effects engine.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:44 am

well its a real shame to hear that about the jump point (and surprising your more limited in that sense with the newer engine), just as it stands the min dont seem all that powerful considering the tech advantage, the ea fighter do a real number on the min fighters.

Anyways cant wait to see omega squadron in game :)

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”