OMFG! Progress!

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Sorry Cnl! :) Maybe I can go through and do it for ya. What needs changing exactly?

Yeah, the Whitestar I can't wait either. I doubt I'll be bale to do it though. Damn thing is too curvy! But we'll see.
"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Its ok, I need to redo the weapons anyway. Could you resize the troglian, its a tad large atm! Could you make it 70% as long as the Tinashi?

EDIT: actually 50% would be better (0.334 scale factor)

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 am

Zeelich wrote:More progress....

Current model/textures are on SVN.
Nice!:woh: :jaw:

:Max:

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:21 am

50% it is.

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:07 am

It ok, I found a moment to do it. I've also set up the weapons for it.

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 am

And more progress....

Sorry the pics are a bit dark. Bit stuck for time. Gotta get back to study. :) More to come later.

Oh, and I know there is a problem with the smoothing on the wing. Gonna fix it later.

snake

Post by snake » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:59 pm

i've just detected a "bug" on the SVN : there is still a "MIN_tigara" in the "Minbar00Testing.lua" file, so CTD when you choose minbari in testing mode. Should be replaced by "MIN_Troligan" i suppose
B5 addicted

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Z, great job! Its looking very smooth though, how many polys is it? There are going to be a lot of these in the minbari fleets so a low poly count or lower lod would be handy. You should be able to get away with using qemLOSS or an equivalent poly reduction tool on the smooth surfaces. Though it'll need cleaning up a bit afterwards.

Snake: Yeah I spotted that yesterday but I couldn't upload to the SVN for some reason. I'll fix it next time I upload something.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:50 pm

Seeing these, I can't stand that I'm slacking off myself any longer. I resolve to have the finished Earth map on the SVN before I go to bed tonight. It's going to be a 5 player map. I just have to get something to eat first. I'm too hungry to concentrate on anything right now.

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:32 pm

I don't know if anyone has updated from the SVN in recent days, if you have you may have noticved a rather large number of changes. I've reworked the pulse weapons to make them less accurate against smaller targets. Aside from the fighters every shot was originally 100% accurate. Now the accuracy of the shot is determined by the class of the ship they are attacking. The smaller/faster the class the less accuracy. The whitestar and battlecrab are now rather more difficult to hit. :)

This has also allowed me to tune down the firepower of the Nova which was rather excessive vs small targets. Basically the nova is now only fully dangerous to the largest targets (which it won't miss). Smaller craft now have a much more reasonable chance of doing it damage/escaping.

Its very cool to watch pulse cannon shots that miss illuminating the hull of a ship as they pass. I recommend targetting a troligan/hyperion with a nova for showing off the effect.

The beam weapons are still highly accurate which give the Minbari an interesting distinction later in the game. I still need to tweak the beam weapons.

For reference the weapon accuracy scales (approximately) by class as follows, from least to most accurate:

1) Fighter
2) Resource
3) Corvette (eg whitestar, battlecrab - small-medium sized, fast ships)
4) ResourceLarge
5) Frigate (eg Olympus, Troligan, Torotha - small, slower ships)
6) SmallCapitalShip (eg Hyperion)
7) LargeCapitalShip (eg Warlock, Sharlin)
8) Mothership

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”