Awesome work guys, Graphics question. (ATI No shadows?)

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

emi_100

Post by emi_100 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:05 am

CnlPepper wrote:Hi A2597, what graphics card do you have? The new shaders require a card capable of shader model 2.0b.
With no shaders... no shadows?

A2597

Post by A2597 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:59 pm

I think I got it now. at least, I have shadows, and the ships look a bit better.

The planets still look same old same old...but I dunno if I'm supposed to have those yet or not anyway. :D

Thanks guys!

Just beat my first "hard" AI...My steamrolling didn't work for me this time. LOL He had a MUCH larger fleet than I did. So I pulled his fleet away with a skirmish, then jumped the majority of my fleet in to his builders and took them out. :)
<I>"I read a book once."</I> - Mat Cauthon

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 am

The AIs are dead easy to beat with the build times being what they are now. Just spam a few heavy hitters and jump in on top of his builders. Once hyperspacing is taken out and build times are adjusted, we'll be sitting on a much more interesting gameplay. For now though, we're concentrating on getting the ships done. Once they're all in with the weapons and stats they're supposed to have we'll start work on balancing.

As for the planets: Mars and the Moon are the only ones updated yet, and of those, only Mars is used in a map until now. Jupiter looks funky since it hasn't gotten updated to the latest shaders yet.

As soon as CnlPepper finishes his Earth model, I'll release a map in Earth orbit.

DevilGuy

Post by DevilGuy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 am

I'm seeing a similar issue with the radeon 2600xt, the client is giving a popup that says I don't have the latest drivers, I figured it was due to the card being roughly 5 years ahead of the game.

DevilGuy

Post by DevilGuy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:00 am

ok loaded new drivers, I see shadows now but they don't look as vivid as the ones in some of the shots...

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:04 am

Did you remember to play the Area Capture mode?

The built in skirmish maps aren't set up to fully utilize the specular maps, so you'll have to use the maps with new backgrounds.

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”