Downloading the mod from the SVN repository...

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

Sgt.fragg

Post by Sgt.fragg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Danke for the help. I'm used to typical drag and drop mods but it is working now so thanks for allowing me to play the best mod ever.

PsiCorps

Installing problem

Post by PsiCorps » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:26 pm

OK, i followed the installation instructions. The Data file was placed into the Homeworld 2 Data file but there were no instructions on where to place the DataSrc file or the B5 logo, i placed them into the Data file but when i boot the game up after i try and play a game the game just CTD's. I think it's because of the instruction
run HW2 with the command line option "-overrideBigFile".
I'm not exactly sure what this means or where i am supposed to add the overrideBigFile. I play games on the PC i'm not a programmer lol.
Any help would be appreciated.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:49 pm

The B5 logo is a simple icon. You can use it with the game shortcut if you want. The DataSrc folder contains the source files for some of the models for people who want to see how things are put together. They aren't essential for running the mod, so feel free to delete them.

The -overrideBigFile switch is supposed to be added to a shortcut to the game.

If you're still in doubt, go to the Homeworld2\bin\release\ folder and rightclick the homeworld2.exe file and select create shortcut. That's the one you'll need to start the mod with the -overrideBigFile switch as described in the instructions. You just add the text to the target box of the shortcut properties page.

PsiCorps

I must be a retard

Post by PsiCorps » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 am

If you're still in doubt, go to the Homeworld2\bin\release\ folder and rightclick the homeworld2.exe file and select create shortcut. That's the one you'll need to start the mod with the -overrideBigFile switch as described in the instructions. You just add the text to the target box of the shortcut properties page
I have attached a screenshot of my shortcut to Homeworld 2 properties, there is nothing that says command line so where exactly do i insert (clean answers only please) the -overrideBigFile?
Attachments
Where.JPG

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:05 am

It's the one marked in blue in your screenshot. As I wrote, the target box. That line of text is called a command line, even if it isn't described as such in the shortcut properties.

PsiCorps

Post by PsiCorps » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:57 pm

TheOneNamedViper wrote:It's the one marked in blue in your screenshot. As I wrote, the target box. That line of text is called a command line, even if it isn't described as such in the shortcut properties.
So does the command line read as
"F:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe-overrideBigFile"
or something else as it doesn't save.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:07 pm

You almost had it.
"F:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -overrideBigFile
That's how it's supposed to look. The filename in "" quotes and the command line switch after that on the same line.

You can also add additional switches if desired to set the resolution to something the game doesn't display per default or stop it from playing the intro videos every time the game starts.

Aysar

Post by Aysar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:50 am

Ok, I download the mod but the game sent a warning saying that HW2 would run better with a AGP card running in PCI mode. This does not appear on the game or any other mods but it appear on this one. Just wanted to see what you guys think about that. I see the maps but not the new races and I try loading a map on the capture mode it just exit me out of the game.

PsiCorps

Thanks

Post by PsiCorps » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:36 pm

mod is installed and working now, only comments i have is that the models are very dark and you need to zoom in real close to see your ships.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Did you enable Nlips? If you didn't, then that's why your ships seem small. If you already have it enabled, then the reason is simply that you can zoom out further than in the original game, and so it seems like you have to zoom in more to see the ships when it's really an illusion. As for the models being dark, they're true to the show, and thus not as bright and colorful as the original HW2 models.

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”