hyperspace fx

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

Crook

Post by Crook » Sun May 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Well, he didn't really flesh out the design totally, not even to a standard he would pass on to the modelers, so there is scope to add more to it. I'm going to outfit it with optional weapons packages on the wings and underneath. Here is a pic of the current weapons at the rear. There is room for a top set of turrets, I was also thinking of a kind of AWACS thing on the top as an option (or would that be SWACS?). I also really like the idea of a turreted red beam weapon on the rear, but considering the ship itself I don't think that would be appropriate.
Attachments
Crook_Badger_Fury_2009_NEW_WIP_22.jpg

emi_100

Post by emi_100 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Very nice work!
is this original badger class going to be ingame?

Reverend

Post by Reverend » Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 am

Crook wrote:Well, he didn't really flesh out the design totally, not even to a standard he would pass on to the modelers, so there is scope to add more to it. I'm going to outfit it with optional weapons packages on the wings and underneath. Here is a pic of the current weapons at the rear. There is room for a top set of turrets, I was also thinking of a kind of AWACS thing on the top as an option (or would that be SWACS?). I also really like the idea of a turreted red beam weapon on the rear, but considering the ship itself I don't think that would be appropriate.
Very nice. Though I'm not sure an 'AWACS' pod is necessary, judging by those structures on the nose it looks like that kind of function has already been covered. As for a beam turret, as cool as it would look, I'd say that's a little OTT for a ship this small and this old (plus I'm fairly sure they bought that tech from the Narn during the war.) Maybe save that particular feature for the 'Shadow Hybrid Starfuries' at the other end of the tech tree. ;)

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”