Homeworld2: Babylon 5 Features, Hopes, Dreams.

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:37 am

Yeah, just got a new HDD, 160gb. WinXP installer doesn't like it, keeps reading it has smaller, but the WinXp x64 installer sees it fine. Gonna try create two 80gb partitions in the winxp x64 installer, see if that fixes it. Damn windows! :mad:

I don't know what script work needs doing. Maybe the AI? Getting those capture ships to go after CPs. Would be great. I'm not sure how research will work yet. Should we use experience points with it or just do it the same as regular HW2? There are things to do, feel free to just pick something and do it. :) Th Hyperspace effect needs some research too. The problem there is a compromise that will work with HW2. I'm still leaning towards using a type of Hyperspace Gate (Hyperspace Beacon) but I don't know how flexible the ship is.
"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:06 pm

I know your problem with the disk. It's because your XP disk doesn't have Service Pack 1 or later on it. Before SP1, XP only supported up to 128GB disks.

Simple solution: slipstream SP2 onto the disk and burn a new copy -> http://www.nliteos.com/

Only problem there is that you'll need a working computer for that trick. Then again, you are managing to post here, so you can probably manage. Had the same problem myself back in the day...

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:11 am

Okay, I'm confused. Is XP SP 3 out yet? Cuz if it is, I can't seem to find anywhere where I can download it.

Off-topic, I know, sorry.

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:50 am

Thanks Viper, yeah, I ended up using my copy of WinXP x64 to partition the drive into two 80gb parts. Back up and running again! :) Finally! :)

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:26 am

That's also a good classical solution, though you could have done it with the 32 bit disk alone. Just make one 80gig partition during the install and leave the rest empty. Then, once you've installed the service pack, simply make the other partition.

It's true though that the only working solution other than the slipstream is to install it on a smaller partition.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:36 am

Zeelich wrote:I don't know what script work needs doing. Maybe the AI? Getting those capture ships to go after CPs. Would be great. I'm not sure how research will work yet. Should we use experience points with it or just do it the same as regular HW2? There are things to do, feel free to just pick something and do it. :)
With the experience points we could use both that and the regular HW2 resourcing?I should be able to get the ai capture ships to go after the CP's but I dunno if I can prevent the CPs from being destroyed though...

Weird thing with the hdd though as I have a 250gig as main drive and I have one partion and use winxp sp2 and have no problems...???

:Max:

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:52 am

Hmmm, yeah, we could do both. As for the CPs, we can change the weapons files so that ships can't shoot at them. (0 accuracy for the CPs).

Yeah, I think it's because my version of WinXP is old, so the installer doesn't have the ability to recognize the bigger drive. I got it years and years ago. :)

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Zeelich wrote:Hmmm, yeah, we could do both. As for the CPs, we can change the weapons files so that ships can't shoot at them. (0 accuracy for the CPs).
I have added the CP to the nonthreat section in the classdef.lua ai file but that won't stop my ships nor the cpu's ships from attacking a CP.Have to modify the values in the ship file for the CP so the CP isn't worth attacking but worth capturing instead somehow?

:Max:

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 am

What we need to do is create a new attack family and then set the accuracy in the weapons files to 0 for that family. So for example: NewShipType.AttackFamily = "BigCapitalShip" becomes NewShipType.AttackFamily = "ControlPoint" and than we add { Control Point = 0.0, }, to the weapons files under the accuracy section. We'd have to do this for both the Control Point and the ControlBase. And yeah, we'd have to edit all the weapons files.

I know it's a bit of a pain, but I'm not sure how else to do it.

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:36 am

Why can't the control point objects just be features like asteroids etc which are not shot at by default? is there any particular reason?

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”