Homeworld2: Babylon 5 Features, Hopes, Dreams.

Babylon 5 mod for Homeworld 2
<small>» <a href="http://hw2b5.thegamingunion.co.uk">Website</a></small>

Moderator: Zeelich

CnlPepper

Post by CnlPepper » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:20 pm

I really wouldn't worry about the balancing atm, I intend to rebalance the ships adding inaccuracy to all the weapons based on target size. The fighters will live for longer, provided they don't go up against ships like the Olympus and Torotha.

Its far from trivial to make fighters stay associated with particular ships. I just set the squads to guard certain ships in the fleet. I'm strongly against increasing the squad sizes for the fighters, the cost would have to increase with the increased size making the start of the game dull (you'll only have fighters!).

EDIT: btw the ships do have a passive repair rate, its just quite slow atm.

MarkAntony

Excellant

Post by MarkAntony » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 pm

I just wanted to say that this mod is looking fantistic. The skins of the ships are amazing. I have wanted a B5 mod for any space combat sim for ages. The child in me can`t help but squeal with glee at leading a wing of Omegas into battle. I cant help, as I am hoplessly inept at this kind of thing, sadly all I can do is applaud you.

Out of interest, will the Pride of Higara become B5?
Will you rebalance the Vagr and Higarans so they are not hopelessly outclassed by the EA?

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:23 pm

That's going to have to be a no on both counts there. We will not be rebalancing the original races, since we plan on replacing them entirely later on. For that same reason, PoH will not become B5. The station will get it's proper place in the mod though.
It will become a captureable station on certain maps, as will Babylon 4. They're both there as placeholders, but we haven't placed the models ingame yet.

Rive

Post by Rive » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:37 pm

When I tested it seemed like nine fighters per squadron would be the maximum allowed by the engine.

Steiner X

Omega X and Shadow ships

Post by Steiner X » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 pm

The reason I got Homeworld 2 was because of this mod, it is splendid!

I look forward to seeing/experiencing future developments.

How do I get the Omega X and Shadow ships when playing EA?

Great and stunning work, thanks!

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Hello Steiner X.

It's always nice to greet new fans of the mod. The answer to your question can be found in the "how to play the mod" thread, here.

Have fun playing the mod.

Steiner X

Thanks for the mod info!

Post by Steiner X » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Wow! The models are gorgeous!

I love to see them in Sins of a Solar Empire, too!

No-one has come close to producing something as special as B5 WWE in Sins.

There's some work in progress:

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/34 ... 4/#2297395

Your models would certainly breathe life in this budding mod ...

Thanks so much for your time and effort in producing this mod!

Cj2063

Great work so far!

Post by Cj2063 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey guy would just like to say great work with the mod so far, the models look really good, weapons are impressive and i really like the whole jumping in effect.

I appreciate stil bit of work to do, models, gameplay and of course balancing but even playing this unfinished version has been a real pleasure.

I got to be honest i have no negative thoughts about the mod atm, other than minor balancing issues that arent worth raising at this point in the development of the mod.

Just thought id voice my appreciation and make you guys realise how greatful we all are for your hard work. Thanks.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback. It's always nice to see people enjoying the work we put out.

Cj2063

question

Post by Cj2063 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 am

hi, i know the mod isnt finished but been looking around the current version im playing with atm and messing about and the question of weapon power and range came up, just curious how u came about these current weapons range and power figures.

Babylon 5 is one of those shows where one minute u see a ship last ages in battle against a certain ship, then in the next show the same ship comes out a jump gate and fires one shot and blows it up, just curious how u came up with it? Just show bases, watching and deciding or what? c

Return to “Babylon 5: War Without End”