Post by bzb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:48 pm

Best looking booster pack

http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/games/8597/

now available for download.

Post some screenies later
Cheese is evil.

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:42 pm

Are these games buy over net only ? just a question as i don't like the system to be honest. Steam aint too bad because it IS at least a system. This is just a bit hog posh for my likes. Even so for the price i will get it i'd just rather not burn it into one of my crappy disks & watch it get lost... spose there's a bit of extra room in the Spec ops box...

Meh

bzb

Post by bzb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:46 pm

Cleron wrote:Are these games buy over net only ? just a question as i don't like the system to be honest. Steam aint too bad because it IS at least a system. This is just a bit hog posh for my likes. Even so for the price i will get it i'd just rather not burn it into one of my crappy disks & watch it get lost... spose there's a bit of extra room in the Spec ops box...

Meh

EA downloader only, unless your german in which case i believe you can buy a key code in a shop. Works a bit like steam, just seems like a Beta, you can re-download it as many times as you like but the game is bound to your gamespy id (player name) which you must correctly enter whilst purchasing. Essentially the downloads are tied to a single player name which is not the best thought through idea.

bzb

Post by bzb » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:05 am

Couldnt be bothered with screenshots so tough :p i was tank whoring and earning medals and darent take my eye off the screen. Maybe tomorrow..... [/littlest hobo]

Three maps, only played two so far, them being...

(Google images map name for overview)

Road Rage

Good map. The air power is different and you can shoot a plane down with a tank which makes it fair enough when you die.
Bases have various entrances and you are not stuck to using the obvious highway to get around, infact best tactic is probably to avoid it at all cost, the two enemy flags behind the interchange are better value than the one in the middle.

Operation harvest

Favourite so far. Allows for infantry to hide thus balancing infantry vs armour fights. No planes, but copters and it works really well. Pinch points are not the focus of the map as they became with SF, simply a tacticle oppotunity for C4. My favourite so far.

and the unplayed;

Sunburn (cant remember)

havent had a proper game yet, initial overflight suggests dragon valley type map set at dusk but ive yet to see how it plays. Dont generally like the darker maps so proberly not going to enjoy it when i get around to playing it.

Bugs ive experianced so far.....

Mec & PLA recon chopper, dont get in it, seems to crash the game for no apparent reason.

Join game button, although a 1.3 bug i only experiance it in AF, hit escape instead and save the risk.

Overall;

Wish it had more maps, its agood facelift for the game but there simply isnt enough of it to make it a viable addon in the long term.

Return to “BF2 & Spec ops”