stats

TGU BF2 players place
bzb

stats

Post by bzb » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:25 am

Whats the best way to get points?
Im finding emptyish servers provide huge rewards, got 188 as com on Sharqi tonight on a 64 server with about 30 people and about an hour to kill, wish id found it when id been badge hunting!
Just curious whether you find you get better points on less occupied servers?
Cheese is evil.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:04 pm

yea, a very empty server with about 10-12 people on a 32 or 64 map. you just drive around and capture flags

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:31 pm

I never get over 120 but them neither do most people on my server unless there is total rapeage of some kind. 35-65 is average and you can expect the top 15 around that with the top 3 much higher on both sides. Mind you i play support a lot so i don't get big scores unless the team aint pulling there weight lol.

Support is great when few others are doing it but when just about every one on your team is either a medic or supply guy then you're simply not going to get anything. Still nice to be able to heal your self but then if the team is mostly medics you'll probably have 6 guys try and revive you at once (god i love that) lol. I no longer play Eng other then to tank whore because of the issue with people always punishing for mines no matter how well you place them or how much you scream on the chat to "stop". Morons always go for it like Rambo and then have the Gaul to punish.

Air (mostly chopper) when few people don't bother with AA or jets as it's very easy to rack up a lot of points that way. Between AA and Jets (good ones mind you) it's just not worth getting into the air lol

Black hawks are slightly different because you can heal mid air. With a good team the score just sky rockets but when you are up against heavy AA you really need to have a lot of wrench monkeys to stay alive (now days).

Armor Whore with an Eng and a tank, AA or APC. Depends heavily on the side now. Some of the increases APC missiles (or lack of armor dono) means that it's possible to get killed by one missile shot from a US APC against another APC. I was spewing chips when that happened the first time. i'm defiantly not as fond of it at the moment even in Tanks but you can blame EA for making armor like plastic.

Sniping is really only an option on a few maps & everyone knows where you are hiding so it doesn't take a long time to get killed unless you have some good cover.... still a nice way to make points, only if the team can hold there own though as the sniper rifles really sucks at anything bar sniping & pistols simply can't cut it against some of the new weapon.

As far as servers go you can rack up points like wild fire when the pro players arn't around but once the "class" gets into the actions you can find your point earning halved or more.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:07 am

medic on city maps.
especially when squad really play as squads and not as mobile spawn points. lets you revive a lot of people. not as good as the first tip, but more fun

i actually got wrapped up in the action so much a few times i was thinking "stop shooting at me, don't you see the red cross?" :D

bzb

Post by bzb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:19 am

trying to find someway of getting 25 heal point 'iar', youd have thought that easy yet still it defeats me..

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:43 pm

try to find a group of 4-5 infantry guys, and stay a few steps behind them.
then just wait until the grenades start flying.

this works only on city maps, karkand is most likely going to work best

Return to “BF2 & Spec ops”