ak47/101 or sa-80?

TGU BF2 players place
Chevieblazer

ak47/101 or sa-80?

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:20 pm

just wondering, i saw many guys, who play medic for the mec/russians/rebels etc, replace their generic ak with the "upgrade" weapon sa-80.
point is, especially with the relatively small ranges in SF, the ak-s are superior to the sa-80 in every way (except long range single fire accuracy)
i just wanted to ask, do you go with the upgrade weapon(just because it's the upgrade, or with the more powerful one, no matter if upgrade or generic.
i mean ,you could ask the same thing about the scar-l and the g36c or so
You stop that!You scare my chicken!(Wing Commander)

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:45 pm

The American medic weapon & the sa80 are pretty much the same.... though the original might be more accurate in burst mode. To be honest the SA80 is SHIT at range i mean ive hit guys 12-20 times at range and not killed them (and yes they did hit) so the scope is rather worthless most of the time.

Recently ive come to enjoy the accuracy of the std US medic weapon in burst mode... not even going to rank on the list in single fire but i tend to get lucky with it now days in burst. The AK is not as good as the 101 in single fire and burst mode is a mess unless you're close as hell so i can see people opting for the sa80 over it but i don't think either is all that better then the other.. like i said though just because the sa80 has a scope aint mean it can do jack at range id still rather have an ak47 if i was picking targets off from far away... actually dose damage lol

Similar things can be said about the auto weapons. The "Big" bugger fires a bit long has a bigger clip but slower fire rate & in general the normal weapons out do it in damage & accuracy because they are medium high in just about everything vs's high, medium... if you can't hit a target what point is there doing big damage ?

It's pretty much the same with all the special weapons... for the most part they aint all that good.

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:47 pm

That said ive not played the sa80 in yet in the add on... a LOT of changes (little for the better) have been made in it. Balance is just shocking

bzb

Post by bzb » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:32 pm

I agree with Cleron, the unlocks are a bit on the pants side, but then they have to be i suppose since it would really mess up the balance if some people had uber guns and some diddnt.
I think the best unlock is for the engineer and well worth having, thats the only class that you need the unlock to stand a chance. For every other class i generally use the standard weapon- at least it cuts down the risk of a 12 year old killing you for your gun.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:34 pm

the engineer?
yes for the americans and chinese, but all others? the russian weapon faction has the saiga, which is a 7-shot autoshotgun aswell, and i certainly won't give up the added range of the mp7(though it's not all that much)

it's just that i love the ak(no matter which) and when i play as an american medic, and i kill a mec one, i go "yay, finally a decent weapon" i pick it up, and i get the friggin sa-80, and i just can't understand why people exchange these weapons. i mean, the ak47 has the same punch as the g3, but more ammo per mag, making it more or less the best weapon in the game, and i just don't get it why a lot of people trade it in for a fart gun :p

Return to “BF2 & Spec ops”