Veteran Commander

TGU BF2 players place
bzb

Veteran Commander

Post by bzb » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:05 am

Yay, requires a virtually empty BF2 server and about 2hrs of your life but you can get it.... possibly better to get it on a bigger server but i feel guilty about sending the arty down on that one t**t that wont move!

Desperate to get me basic explosives and knife but they seem near impossible :( Still... got me purple heart, at least thats one better to get when you dont claim to be good.
Cheese is evil.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:18 pm

well, there's just 3 things that really make a good commander(implying that most commander don't know about them)

1)DON'T arty your own team!
sounds easy, but i've been killed a dozen times because i defended a flag or recaprured an abandoned one an dear commander put an arty on it while i was already there, and the arty warning came in russian, chinese, arabic or whatever!

2) don't arty where it's no good
there are certain points on certain maps where you can throw arty on until the end of days without ever hitting anyone, like construction site in sharqui or lower dam in kubra dam.
folks, these places have a roof, so you're safe from rain, may it be water, frozen or explosive!
(sounds easy too, but i stopped younting how often it happened)

3) if somebody keeps screaming for supplies, he just might need them!
applies mainly for non-english teams, so all besides marines, seals and sas.
problem is, if you want supplies and call out " durka durka, muhammed djihad!" (that's from team america, and not real arabian), the commander won't know about it unless he sees the written translation.
so a good commander should have a look out for that every one in a while, especially if somebody screams the same sentence five times in a row

bzb

Post by bzb » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:25 pm

Sending arty down on your own team is a tough moral debate but they did sign on to die..... Sometimes i think it can be necessary to take out the odd friendly, such as the one sniper who cant see the enemy swarming below him cos hes looking through the scope. But i do find a great deal of players commit suicide by moving to where the arty is about to be fired on, totally ignoring the warning on the map, then they want to complain....

Shame there arent cruise missiles or something more accurate than the arty or planes for blowing stuff up at range.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:44 pm

no, it's usually more of a "last defender" scenario, where a last guy(or two or so) try to defend a flag (and maybe the enmy tank is already rigged to explode, happened a few times) and then the commander just slamms the arty onto that base.
in about 95% of all cases the enemy reinforcemnets were first to arrive after the impact, and suddenly they had the larger number of bases...

bzb

Post by bzb » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:05 pm

thats true, the lag between firing and the shot landing doesnt help much, especially when the enemy have moved.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:13 pm

i suppose it would greatly help if there was a way to abort a bombardment

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:29 pm

Of course that might be a bit hard to do with the shells already in the air...

Return to “BF2 & Spec ops”