TGU members who play WoW

A Place for TGU's World Of Warcraft Players general chat

Moderator: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

TGU members who play WoW

Post by Shadow Reaper » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:00 pm

Hey guys,

If we could possibly get a list of ppl in here that play WoW? Would be pretty cool to see what numbers we have here. I may send some ppl I know on the game this direction, get a few people on the block.

I guess after that we can arrange whether we get a guild going on a particular server (will be difficult seeing as we may have US and European players around here). If you want to post information about your characters, what server they're on then thats cool.
"Next time you watch Return of the Jedi, note that all Ackbar wants to do, from the minute the assault on the Death Star begins, is leave."

reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:04 pm

As ye know I play WoW

As Alliance on Deathwing
and horde on Maelstrom

Del

Post by Del » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:17 am

I don't play but I'd like some opinions about the game, currently I'm hesitating between WoW and Guildwars, then there's always Eve...

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:19 pm

I dont know about GuildWars, apart from the fact you dont pay a monthly fee. I'm loving WoW (when im not working), but find sometimes I cant be fussed to do all the walking thats required between lvl 20-40 until you get a mount. Then you need enough money for it.Though of course my highest character is lvl 26, but i put it on the back burner as im sick of all the effort that goes into mining.

reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:12 pm

Guildwars - Free monthly, Visually pretty good

Warcraft - the Gameplay is brilliant very addictive, you find you will become completly immersed in it, then you'll take a break for a few weeks then get back into it.

If you love warccraft visually and storyline and all the little details arround it then you will really enjoy WoW and the insights it gives you about the warcradt world as a whole.
Theres an expansion coming out at christmas time(I think thats worldwide) with new races, higher character level limit new weapons armour etc, and outlands(The world beyond the dark portal)

Manticore

Post by Manticore » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:04 am

Expack is actually slated for next summer.

I'm a lvl 42 rogue (just hit 42 today :D) on Lightbringer. And enjoying the game immensely!

Kiith

Post by Kiith » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:02 pm

i have a lvl52 warlock and a lvl45 paladin on bladefist (both alliance) and i have a lvl14 orc warrior on burning blade, i think.

currently away from the game, as i cant get broadband in my house in college :(

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:51 pm

How would you guys (that are in Europe) feel about starting afresh on a new server, and making a TGU guild?

Or can you guys not be fussed to start over again, lol ;)

Del

Post by Del » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:54 pm

Are the only two factions alliance and orcs? Or can you play an Night Elf/Undead as well?

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:39 pm

Two alliances, each with four playable races:

ALLIANCE
- Humans
- Dwarves
- Gnomes
- Night Elves

HORDE
- Orcs
- Trolls
- Tauren
- Undead

The up and coming expansion pack gives two knew races to each side, one being the Blood Elves which I believe is being given to the Horde?

Return to “WoW Discussion”