Future of the Guild

Another guild for the game Guild Wars

Moderators: Cleron, Zondervan Letter

Worf Van Saar

Future of the Guild

Post by Worf Van Saar » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:14 pm

If u haven't noticed members have been leaving hand over fist and as a result I was wondering what the future of the guild is.

Do we stay here and fight it out and try and recruit new members or do we follow the others and leave? (Guild rank has made it hard to recruit new ppl)

I have been very happy in oDFo but at the moment there is little reason to stay but i would like to know what other memebrs have to say before i make that decision.

GW is about having fun and being a community but at the moment guild members and activity is very limited, i would like to tomb as oDFo but we need more input in both the guild from new members and in the forum to hear their opinions. Recently this has been a sounding board for my thoughts and feelings and it is hard to carry out a conversation with yourself!

If u have a say or an opinion in the future of oDFo then please post it here as we seem to be sinking as a guild.

I have had several offers from other guilds over the last couple of months but i want to see what happens here first as this guild has been my home now for some time.

I have some more ideas for builds and improvements on current builds i have posted and setups but if there is no future then there is no point posting them.

If there is a future then i will continue to post 'new members' required bulletins across other forums, seems a good way to promote the guild.

Waiting for a reply......Worf
'If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything' Chuck D - Public Enemy

I reject your reality and substitute my own! :shake:

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:42 am

Well some one could always put you in command :) clear the ranks and keep going.

To be honest it has been cold for a long time now & it's no ones fault. People don't hold interest in a game much longer then 12-24 months and only if it's new & exciting or always on the move & GW aint that.

I intend to come back but not any time soon. I'm back at work & have 5 other games i trying to share time around with and GW is just another old hat lvl up MMO that i enjoyed but need a break from.

As for leaving well that is up to you. If you are still hooked on GW you might want to find a serious guild to GVG/PVP/SP with.

Petra

Post by Petra » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:45 am

It would be a shame to see this guild collapse as this is by far the best guild I have been in since my recent beginning (late 2005). The people in oDFo have all been very helpful and friendly, and I have likewise tried to help as much as I can. I know many of the currently active players are fairly recent to the game and it may take time to build up their confidence to be more actively involved in Guild PvP events (such as GvG and Tombing). Most are more interested in PvE (at the moment).

I think that recruiting players new to the game may be easier, as they seem to be less concerned with ranking. There may also be an upturn in activity with the expansion release (time will tell).

I don't think you should leave Worf. The guild needs experienced players to teach those players new to the game how to play - especially in the PvP environment. Your build suggestions have already helped me get and idea of how to combine my skills more effectively.

Whatever you decide I for one am staying with the Guild for as long as it wants me.

Worf Van Saar

Post by Worf Van Saar » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:52 am

I believe we need 6 active officers to help promote the guild over all the boards and hopeful be available to new members to help with any queries and assist in their PvP or PvE duties, this of course is not always possible.

To help ppl out we should have a least 1 officer online at all times thats why 6 (+ the leader) will help with actively promoting the guild.

To be honest, i want oDFo to win HoH and having been beaten by the guild that has won HoH, we aren't that far away

Petra

Post by Petra » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:39 am

Lately we are lucky to have more than 3 players on at a time, and they're usually the same ones. I think we would be lucky to have more than 6 players that are online more than once a week.

I've tried to recruit, but most players are hesitant about joining such an already inactive guild; or they are too new to the game to know what to do and when they do become experience they find another more active guild.

Although I think the officers are trying to do their bit, our other members (leader included) need to become more involved in saving this guild.

Petra

Post by Petra » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:40 am

Let me clarify my last point...

I'm not blaming our current leader for the state of the guild. He can not be held responsible for those that are inactive or have left. I was merely suggesting that as leader he has the greatest burden in reviving the guild.

Return to “Diviners Fellowship”