TA as a way to practise ?

Another guild for the game Guild Wars

Moderators: Cleron, Zondervan Letter

Cleron

TA as a way to practice ?

Post by Cleron » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:04 pm

I was thinking that if we got 2 TA teams going at the same time they would end up facing each other pretty fast especially when things are quiet. We could milk this & use it as a way to practice a bit & try get some good strategy going. Ie like what was happening in my last TA battle. A ranger was using some kind of KD combo, he was standing just behind the monk & he effectively stopped us cold from killing the healer, he was dealing pretty nasty damage to boot.

It's that kinda of organization & specific strategy that really makes a hell of a difference. Sadly there's no real way to practice with a PVP char... i think this might be an alternative we could certainly use to get such strats going & perfecting them.

Zondervan Letter

Post by Zondervan Letter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:24 am

yep. generally, TA is a good place to practice.
but sometimes when its quiet.. its quite hard to meet up with 2 teams.. not sure why. but it just happens to be so. unless its really really dead quite(when europe is asleep). but then, where do you get 2 teams to practice when everyone is asleep?
best way to practice is call up 3 other guild mates. 2 experience, 2 new players. hook up to Team speak and have one of the experience player lead while the other assist the team in team.
i've played this style before, 2 experienced and 2 new players, and first sign is constant losing.. up to 7-10 rounds.. but patients... cos its will usually get better.
the leader should be give constructive feedbacks to the new players and tell them how to improve. and to review what went wrong and things like that.
to me.. i guess its the best way to improve in pvp.

once you've learn the basics of pvping.. like targeting ur targets and knowing your skills. u will sort of slowly develope a skill, which is building a totally new pvp char.. or exploiting certain skills in certain ways.

and when u feel confident in pvping? head to tombs... and there, another world is open up again. :)

th4n05

Post by th4n05 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:40 am

hehehehe i sometimes do TA... when i feel like pvping I TA and i ta with a Mesmer that i made up and its pretty cool and its mainly for casters though so yer

Priest Assasin

Post by Priest Assasin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:51 am

i learned to play pvp by just playing CA bymyself and getting owned..and then copying the person who owned me, then once i get owned by the next person i copy their build...and it goes on like this, at the same time i learn how to counter other peoples skills, and when to use skills and how to set up my skill bar etc etc, thats how i became the kick ass pvp player that i am today..im so good that zondervan makes imitation pvp chars from mine :o *cough* anyone remember Foxi Ranger the priest assasin (now retired)....and then that nooby imitation one...what was the name..Zondervan Ranger

Zondervan Letter

Post by Zondervan Letter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:27 am

Priest Assasin wrote:im so good that zondervan makes imitation pvp chars from mine :o *cough* anyone remember Foxi Ranger the priest assasin (now retired)....and then that nooby imitation one...what was the name..Zondervan Ranger
i am so honestly going to re install my guild wars to come back and kick ur ass till it splits :mad: .. lol.. foxi ranger was a nuub, hence retired. all it does was shoot arrows that does 20-30 damage (cant even kill a midget :( ).. cant hold a candle to zondervan ranger Da Fragger :D .
hehehe.. cant wait till i get back into the game. 5 more days... just 5 more days to FREEDOM!!!

Priest Assasin

Post by Priest Assasin » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:12 am

shudup biarch when they put 1 vs 1 inhouse pvp into gw..foxi ranger is gonna come out of retirement and kick zondervan rangers azz so fast that people will mistake her for a necromancer sacrificing health.

Zondervan Letter

Post by Zondervan Letter » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:39 am

>.<

haha.. we shall see..

>yea. a 1v1 would be good to do some real pvp char testing and also some personal training.

Miss elven figter

Post by Miss elven figter » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:03 pm

hi i think Ta is a good way to practise may monk just rock btw i whot leake to se ho in the guild that can kill me now LOL

Enrath Mier

Post by Enrath Mier » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am

ill take u with my mesmer and its only lvl 12 lol

Miss elven figter

Post by Miss elven figter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:24 pm

lol enrath u wont

Return to “Diviners Fellowship”