W/Mo only in pve

Another guild for the game Guild Wars

Moderators: Cleron, Zondervan Letter

Zondervan Letter

W/Mo only in pve

Post by Zondervan Letter » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:29 am

as above. try not to bring a w/mo to pvp as its damage dealt is minimal.
if a player only have w/mo and no other skills unlocked. he might want to consider creating a preset pvp char with all the skills and elite in it.

unless the team build requires a w/mo.. it shouldnt be used in pvp.

using a pve char in pvp is also not recomanded as the runes used might not be suitable. hence.. use up the free slot to create a pvp char when pvping.

ty
zond

th4n05

Post by th4n05 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:38 am

:( but my w/mo is kool :(

im working on getting all the ele/necro and rang/messie skills atm

was wondering the energy 1\-1 bonus on weps.. is that vampiric at all ??

Zondervan Letter

Post by Zondervan Letter » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:15 am

th4n05 wrote::( but my w/mo is kool :(

im working on getting all the ele/necro and rang/messie skills atm

was wondering the energy 1\-1 bonus on weps.. is that vampiric at all ??
zealous bow?
zealous is cool. if you are using high attack rate speed.. its very useful in getting energy.

yea. i use a w/mo as well. but not in pvp. :)
just purely for farming.

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:24 pm

Bah the War/Mo is a fine class no less worthy of PVP then any other. The paladin warrior is a defensive warrior a "supporting unit".

The problem is not the class but the way they are used. Most people use them to make there character a tank. What's the point of that if you don't have any team mates left though ?. The kicker is the Pally can use all the protective and healing spells + the smite spells of the monk profession. If you can't find a build that supports or damages enough your not looking hard enough.

Healing monks have a bloody hard job to do with bugger all to do it with. There are very few spells that make a big difference & most that do have undesirable side effects. A War/Mo will never be a monk but that dose not mean they can't make a massive difference to the teams survival. If you need Martyr a War/Mo can bring it & your monks won't get burdened with cripple deep wound or bleeding, secondly the Monk can bring faster casting condition/hex spells less likely to be interrupted while a war mo can bring something like pure signet to make sure the monk is purged of all the crap that will no doubt go his way.

While an extra monk might work a war/mo can still bring some at least half decent power to the battle. Berserker/Battle Rage, Sever Art, Gash, F thrust/Galrath with 16 sword will make a dent. It won't be as much as the other classes but then a lot of this game is not about damage but the person who can nullify the most. To my mind that's a shut down team lol

There aint nothing wrong with it. People just need to get creative & understand that both healers and protectors would love to have even a smige more support with there tasks. 8 slots just aint a lot.

Zondervan Letter

Post by Zondervan Letter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:37 am

yes, i agree with you clarion..
infact, the reason why i really dislike w/mo in pvp is because i see some of the w/mo mending themselves.. that is very wrong.
and worst still, some of the mendings only have +2 health regen. >,<"
if u want an w/mo, bring skills like healing hands and cast it on the team's monk or weak char as often as possible.
or if you are brining prot, bring shield of deflection (only an example)
but then again... everyone who plays as a warrior must have the mentality that you are a "pesticide" to enermy casters and your role is to know exactly what is going on around you. usually there lead the group and they have excellent calling skills.
but if you are going the prot, healing, smite way. you will waste your time looking at party's bar at the left side. waste time in casting (2 sec cast can = 80-100dmg on casters), and things like that.
on the overall. if you must be a w/mo, your secondary side is to protect the team but not oneself.

Priest Assasin

Post by Priest Assasin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:56 am

yeah zon is totally right.. if ur going to be a w/mo you should help out the weaker members of ur team by using healing hands etc on them...such as monks who get attacked first..in a team, unlike the warrior who gets attacked last...the monks job is to look after the team...they will heal you, mend you, and theres no real advantage to being a w/mo then healing and since monks will be doing that for you its pointless so its better if healing hands or something is cast to help the team and not yourself because as a warrior you really dont need it

Cleron

Post by Cleron » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:01 am

Life Bond = God

Zondervan Letter

Post by Zondervan Letter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:14 am

Cleron wrote:Life Bond = God
thats a good idea. to use either of the two protective bonds. maybe we should try that one day.

Priest Assasin

Post by Priest Assasin » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:07 am

what so the warriors put protective bonds on the monks? that would be kick ass..

Miss elven figter

Post by Miss elven figter » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:09 pm

Hi
cleron said somthing i really like, which is that monk whot be glad for some suport. its hard to play monks especially in tomb.

Return to “Diviners Fellowship”