Total votes: 16

bzb

Who do you hate the most

Post by bzb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:43 pm

Based on your experiance of these companys
Cheese is evil.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:11 pm

The big evil, M$... but I do sometimes like the bad things in life...

These two deserve a mention though:
Blizzard deserve a bit of hate, for not releasing Dungeon Keeper 3...

EA because it can be very hard to run some of their games, plus Sims 2 is shite unless you spend another £infinity on the expansion packs...

Oh and a bit at Sierra for not making what could have been a brilliant HW2.

(could you add Lucasarts to the list, for succumbing to Lucas' desire to pollute Star Wars?)

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:33 pm

mircosoft, for screwing mechwarrior5 for mech assault and for making halo a console game

ea a close second for not continuing either wing commander or c+c, and killing westwood

blizzard as 3rd for making a star craft game for every platform except the pc, while acting totally fashist against sc mod teams

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:08 am

Where to start:
EA for a numerous amount of things, greatest in my eye which was the dumping of EA's MPBT3025, when it was EXTREMELY popular, even right until the day they shut down the servers. fuckers! Oh, and for literally shitting on their employees, who work so hard, with little benefits, to have half their crap removed or the project outright cancelled.

Blizzard as others have said for not making a sequel to starcraft for the PC, everyone seems to be going console with all the good game franchises.

Microsoft for a great many things, including simply being micrsoft, who seems to enjoy putting out the buggiest crap ever invented, but somehow managing to corner the market so you pretty much HAVE to buy their stuff. Next is again as previously mentioned, making HALO a console game, where HALO2 has yet to see a PC port, and the PC port of HALO:CE was buggy as hell (though Superbly fun), for fucking over the MW PC series, for making mechassult, for making MW4, for NOT making MW5. What else?

Oh yes, almost forgot, Sierra, for rushing the developers of HW2, who as the released docs show, had GREAT ideas for the game, but were forced to release an unfinished product, and for dumping Babylon 5: Into the fire, which could very well have been the best space sim ever. (Space Dream Factory's I've Found Her is damn good atm but it's small and development is slow). For making HW:Cataclysm, although it wasn't that bad, the biggest issue I had is the limited fleet size you could have, they practically neutered you and took away the huge epic feel HW1 had.

And lastly for Empire at War, which is basically a really dumbed down Space RTS. The space combat, although fun, is very limited because of the fact that you cannot move in 3 dimensions, but are limited to a single plane of space. As well, the ships are simplified, which I can understand why, since I doubt they really wanted to add like 100 TL cannons to each Star Destroyer. Hmmm... I can't think of anything else yet.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:30 pm

I'm gonna have to go with EA for closing down great developers like Origin and Westwood, though MS comes a close second with their decision to kidnap Halo onto the X-Box.

Return to “Website Polls”