[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Kimi: I was engulfed in flames and blinded

Kimi: I was engulfed in flames and blinded

Discuss the latest news to appear on the website.

Kimi: I was engulfed in flames and blinded

Postby maxdamage » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 am

[newsr]Image[/newsr]
Kimi Raikkonen has shed some light on his fiery trip to the pits at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

The Ferrari driver damaged his front wing during a first-lap collision and was forced to pit. The real drama, though, was yet to unfold.
Just as he started to exit the pit lane, Heikki Kovalainen moved in front of him with his fuel hose still attached to his car. Fuel sprayed out and the droplets caught fire right in front of the Finn.

Raikkonen revealed after the race that some drops of petrol ended up in his eye.
"What happened on the first lap ruined my race. First I was hit at the first corner, then when trying to pass Webber, I was hit and lost the front wing," he said.

"At the pit stop, I ended up with some drops of petrol in my eye, from the fuel line stuck on Kovalainen's car and then I was engulfed in flames and blinded.
"I was going to stop, but luckily the flames soon went out. Even now, my eyes are still burning, but I'm alright."

maxdamage

Return to Site News Discussion