[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Barrichello: You never forgot how to win

Barrichello: You never forgot how to win

Discuss the latest news to appear on the website.

Barrichello: You never forgot how to win

Postby maxdamage » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 am

[newsr]Image[/newsr]
Rubens Barrichello says his victory in Sunday's European GP is proof that even after five years a driver never forgets how to win

Barrichello clinched victory in Sunday's 57-lap race around the streets of Valencia after disposing of the McLaren's drivers one by one in the pit stops.
The first round saw him leapfrog Heikki Kovalainen while in the second stop a McLaren error allowed him to get ahead of Lewis Hamilton to claim his first win in 81 starts.
It was a solid performance from Barrichello, moving him up to second in the Drivers' Championship, although he still trails team-mate Jenson Button by 18 points.
"It's been a fantastic weekend, one that I will never forget. Especially because after five years, not that you forget how to do it, but it's tough," said the Brazilian.
"Although you are pushing like hell, there are some things that go through your mind and you know you can't commit any mistakes. But thet car has been perfect and I want to thank the team for that.
"I wish this moment could be forever... I'll be here for the whole of Monday too so stay there!"
Speaking about his second stint, which saw the 37-year-old pushing hard in order to put pressure on Hamilton and escape from Kovalainen, he said: "It was fantastic, I had to push all the way through.
"We had different tyres through the race, there as some question about which was faster but for sure mine was very consistent. I was able to produce my times every lap.
"It has been a fantastic day, a hard one to push all the way through, but I am so delighted and I want to thank all those who supported me."
Team boss Ross Brawn also hailed Barrichello's victory - after first checking the Ashes cricket score - proclaiming it to be the "best yet" of the Brazilian's career.

Meanwhile, team-mate Button had to settle for seventh place, equalling his worst result of the season to date. And as his two P7s have come in the last two races, Button admits he needs to up his game if he wants to retain his Championship leader.
"It seems like the people behind me are jockeying for position and sooner or later they will start closing the gap unless I do something about it," said the Brit.
"That is something I must address at Spa next time out. But well done to Rubens, he did a great job."

maxdamage

Return to Site News Discussion