Gabe Newell: "sorry" to PS3 owners

Discuss the latest news to appear on the website.
maxdamage

Gabe Newell: "sorry" to PS3 owners

Post by maxdamage » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Valve boss Gabe Newell has said he's "sorry" to PS3 owners, who have a "legitimate beef with" Valve.

Newell is noted for his openly negative view of PS3, but when asked about it he said: "If you look at the customers that I feel we've done the worst job at taking care of is the people who bought our product on the PS3 - Orange Box on PS3. Those are the people who I have trouble saying anything to other than 'Yeah, I'm sorry. You have legitimate beef with us.'"

The PS3 version of Orange Box (see it in the video below) was widely criticised for its poor performance and numerous glitches that made it noticeably inferior to the 360 and PC versions.
Newell added: "That grew out of how that product was developed. We didn't have the in-house resources to deliver to them the same content that we've been delivering to PC and Xbox customers."

When asked by GTTV if Valve is working on PS3, Newell said simply: "Uh, no. Not in any real way."

It's been said before and he's saying it again. No PS3 from Valve. The end?
[Source]

Dukoth

Post by Dukoth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:45 am

Man, what happened to the playstation, they where king of the hill last 2 generations, then to fumble the ball this badly, it's embarasing

and I used to wave their flag too, such a shame
and they said it was just a black void

if I wasn't born a boy I'd have nothing to play with

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Well, personally I never liked the design of the playstation controller. It doesn't sit right in my hands. I don't like how the buttons feel on a material standpoint. Maybe I've gotten used to the shape and feel of the xbox 360 controllers, but they're just really good IMO.

That's my main reason for choosing Xbox over PS3.

I did consider to buy a PS3 purely as a Blu-ray player at one point, but I found a Sony blu-ray player at a little over half the price of one and just got that one.

Also, I don't like the dick move they made when they made Ghostbusters PS exclusive in europe.:mad:
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/ifram ... :0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Sony is done getting my money, it's as simple as that.

Not to mention, as TONV said, the controller is just plain bad. The N64 controller was great and then every console from there used a similar design to that one. But not Sony, noooo.

Return to “Site News Discussion”