F1 Grand Prix of Germany on the 20th of July

Discuss the latest news to appear on the website.
maxdamage

F1 Grand Prix of Germany on the 20th of July

Post by maxdamage » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:12 am

Well the F1 Grand Prix of Germany is on the 20th of July!

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 am

Half way through the season, which means I can start looking towards the two new races that really stand out to me, the European (Valencia Street Circuit) and Singapore Grand Prix. I think they'll be brilliant for the competition, especially if Singapore is at night. It'll probably end up looking a bit like Gran Turismo.

Still this weekend will be interesting, whether or not McLaren can maintain their comeback or whether Ferrari will regain the momentum. And who knows BMW might cause some trouble again.

kojak

Post by kojak » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 pm

gran turismo = teh sex

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:45 am

Did you see that new Nissan GTR that has the Gran Turismo graphics on the display screen? Pity it shows a load of techno-babel that would be wasted on me, rather than letting you drive your car like its actually in GT.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:13 am

I want one of those.

You know, I didn't have nearly as much interest in cars before I started watching Top Gear.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:08 am

TheOneNamedViper wrote:I want one of those.

You know, I didn't have nearly as much interest in cars before I started watching Top Gear.
:rolleyes:

:Max:
ImageNFS:MW NFS:U2 NFS:C Graaaagh! hellkom
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!

kojak

did you like that Kimi?

Post by kojak » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:31 pm

.P1 LEWIS HAMILTON 1.15.666

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:42 pm

kojak wrote:.P1 LEWIS HAMILTON 1.15.666

Yet he drove into a stationary car in a race not long ago,cut a corner which gained him a position and he did not give way to the driver he illegally overtook and was punished for it and this is suppose to be what?Some sort of way of saying sorry that he was a tosser in the last couple of races?

Whats up with Ferrari?It seems a bunch of monkeys are running them lately.Has everyone at Ferrari who doesn't drive there gone on holiday to a Caribbean island?

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 pm

Max, Lewis was punished for all that. Plus you've got to remember this is just his second season in Grand Prix, and for both of them he's up at the top. He's got a lot of pressure on his shoulders, not just because of the team he's driving for, but because so many people expect him to be a F1 great. Yes he can be annoying in some of the silly things to do, but the last two grand prix's and examples before that show just how talented he is.

If you look of examples in the past of F1 there have been plenty of incidents, especially by experienced drivers. Remember, Schumacher took out Damon Hill to win the World Championship and didn't even get a slap on the wrist. Prost did the same thing too. Drivers have done stupid things in the past and have gotten away with it.

Lewis has had made poor judgements in the past, but I think you can say he's paid for them and come flying back to prove just how good he actually is. The only thing i'd say is he gets a professional PR guy rather than rely on his Dad so much, stopping crazy comments like the one that said he was under too much pressure.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Shadow Reaper wrote:Max, Lewis was punished for all that. Plus you've got to remember this is just his second season in Grand Prix, and for both of them he's up at the top. He's got a lot of pressure on his shoulders, not just because of the team he's driving for, but because so many people expect him to be a F1 great. Yes he can be annoying in some of the silly things to do, but the last two grand prix's and examples before that show just how talented he is.

If you look of examples in the past of F1 there have been plenty of incidents, especially by experienced drivers. Remember, Schumacher took out Damon Hill to win the World Championship and didn't even get a slap on the wrist. Prost did the same thing too. Drivers have done stupid things in the past and have gotten away with it.

Lewis has had made poor judgements in the past, but I think you can say he's paid for them and come flying back to prove just how good he actually is. The only thing i'd say is he gets a professional PR guy rather than rely on his Dad so much, stopping crazy comments like the one that said he was under too much pressure.

I said he was punished.Lewis isn't new to racing as he has been racing for most of his life so he should be used to the pressures of raqcing,etc....I see at planet F1 there is word that there might have been team orders at Mclaren(Dennis denies McLaren used team orders) which wouldn't be suprising at all as it was bad for Ferrari and F1 in general and no wonder it was banned from F1.....

Return to “Site News Discussion”