Blizzard announces Diablo 3

Discuss the latest news to appear on the website.
TheOneNamedViper

Blizzard announces Diablo 3

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:21 pm

That's right, we finally get information about the game they've been working on. It is, as many suspected, Diablo 3.

Information about the game, trailers, screenshots and game lore can be found on the official site: http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 am

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Hmm, so is it going to be from a bird's eye view, just like the old games?

I did enjoy the Diablo II for a while, played a few hours of it. Not sure why I was put off, but meh, will definitely have a go at DIII.

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Yep, it's going to be D2 with better graphics.

The main interface difference seems to be that they've replaced the belt display with a WoW inspired ability bar.

Try taking a look at the gameplay trailer available from the link I posted. It addresses most of these questions.

Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Sorry but got to say blizzard sux. highly unlikely i will ever play another blizzard game let alone buy one. the support Line as blatently lies as well thieves money off you.
Worse than E.A

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Fair enough. You have every right to your opinion. I admit myself, not having owned a Blizzard game since Diablo 2. I skipped out on that whole Warcraft wave of games. Didn't like the gameplay of Warcraft 3, and didn't like the graphics and time consuming nature of WoW.

Apart from that, I'm really looking forward to Diablo 3. And Starcraft 2, of course. Besides, I don't see myself actually needing support from Blizzard, since I mainly play offline.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:48 pm

I've had some good support from Blizzard in the past concerning WoW. I don't play it anymore, unfortunately I didn't have the funds, plus it did get a little repetative in my eyes. But I had trouble with my account, items going missing and problems with my character, and they reacted well to what I said and sorted it out.

Of course though everyone ends up having bad experiences with things. Still, Diablo I & II were big games for me when I was younger so i'll definately be checking this one out.

As for who's worse, i'd go with EA every time ;)

Return to “Site News Discussion”