Severe Load Shedding for South Africa today.

Discuss the latest news to appear on the website.
maxdamage

Severe Load Shedding for South Africa today.

Post by maxdamage » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:07 pm

Well today saw severe load shedding (def. forced power failures in certain areas during certain parts of the day when the load is "too much" for an electricity provider to produce or maintain).

Even Eskom's (which the sole electricity provider in S.A.) headquarters had no electricity so they couldn't check their website to see which areas weren't going to have electricity during certain parts of the day.The thing is millions of rands worth of potential business has been lost since the start of the load shedding about 4 months ago!The traffic is also disrupted due to the traffic lights\robots being out due to no electricity.

This is due to incompetency and mismanagement at Eskom!

Current cycle of load shedding is expected to carry on until this week Friday!Load shedding will carry on for about the next 5\6 years!

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:48 pm

So your telephone system is managed by a single company. Your power is managed is by a single power company.

Both suck, neither provides broadband or energy.

Smells like either pure incompetence by the government or it's a way to monopolize/keep a leash on the citizens of SA?

I'm just speculating :D

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:32 am

CurseUppl wrote:So your telephone system is managed by a single company. Your power is managed is by a single power company.

Both suck, neither provides broadband or energy.

Smells like either pure incompetence by the government or it's a way to monopolize/keep a leash on the citizens of SA?

I'm just speculating :D
Well they are suppose to provide those services but with Telkom dsl is slow,overpriced and no tech support,and customer service sucks totally!

Funny thing is that the government has ignored the load shedding completely as they are "battling" it out to see who becomes party president which means whoever becomes party president will become country president.

Well actually both and they keep voting them into government! :mad:

:Max:

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 pm

Can't take this load shedding anymore.On friday night 4 generators tripped simultaneously which caused a strain on the electrical grid.We were told om saturday that if a 5th one went then load shedding would have to be implemeted.A couple of hours later on saturday afternoon at 14:05 the power went out until 16:30.Now we get told the from today alot of places will have 2 periods of 2h:30m of load shedding per day for the rest of the week from 08:00 in the morining to 10:30 then 14:00 to 16:30 and ! :mad:Some towns have reported load shedding up to 12\15 hours which means an entire days work lost and lost profit because people can't shop,etc...

Useless maintenace at Eskom's plants is one of the main causes for the load shedding.The government doesn't care as all they can think is about their job in government.Since when the load shedding started in the beginning of september 2007 the internet for me had beeen getting worser and worser....My ping is usually about 1200 but since then it had gone from 1500 to 9800,from 11kb\s down to 0.0kb\s...It's like a rollercoaster with the net speeds going up and donwn...atm I get about 2.3kb\s which is ok for surfing the net but not for d\l any big files like patches,etc...

Last night could not access the net due to the load shedding but I could play,whatever on my pc... :mad: Couldn't even get a network signal on my cell but my dad's cell could get a signal???

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Can't take this load shedding at all!!!! We just got power back 17 minutes ago and the power had gone off for almost 3 hours besides the 2 and a half we had earlier ion the afternoon.Tomorrow we suppose to have 3x 2 and a half hours of no electricity in the area we live in....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Can't take this load shedding at all!!!! We just got power back 17 minutes ago and the power had gone off for almost 3 hours besides the 2 and a half we had earlier ion the afternoon.Tomorrow we suppose to have 3x 2 and a half hours of no electricity in the area we live in....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Return to “Site News Discussion”