WC:ME screenshots

Wing Commander mod for Nexus

Moderators: Chevieblazer, Sarty

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:25 pm

ok, some more:

10) Ark Royal Class Super Carrier
the last of generation the super carriers, the ark royal incorporates the experiences made in the bug and durak wars.
unlike the vesuvius, the ark royal has two totally independant massive flight decks, one in the bow and one in the aft section. the bow flight deck has 8 seperate sideward launch bays. the aft one is even larger and contains three launch bays, each of which large enough to take corvette size vessels.
the forward launch deck, which makes up a consideranle part of the ship is protected by 8 laser and point defense cannons, asnother 2 lasers and four mass drivers complete the armament of this 1100 meters long giant.
the ark royal is an ancient design, constructed during the bug war. the fact that this class is still in service 1300 years later speaks for itself. no other ship can house or particularly launch as many fighters at the same time.
they are extremely expensive to build and maintain, which is why every of the 24 confederation fleets only has a single one of these
Attachments
ak3.jpg
ak2.jpg
ak1.jpg

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:30 pm

11) Shark Gunship:
following the tradition back to the venture class corvette, the shark is the smallest vessel in the confederation fleet capable of independant operation. just below 70 meters, the shark has no mobile turrets, but 2 forward facing neutron cannons and two torpedo launchers. combined with high speed and manouverability, the shark usually behaves more like an oversized fighter than a capship.
it is also capable of atmospheric flight and often used to deliver supression fire against fortified positions
Attachments
shark3.jpg
shark2.jpg
shark1.jpg

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:41 pm

12) Turtle Bomber:
the turtle got its name in early production phase. without the wings, the round back anbd protruded "head" make it look like a turtle.
the turtle is relatively small for a bomber- only 14 meters- which makes it harder to hit for point defense systems. this comes with the drawback of carrying the ordenance in the open. ones the topedo's fuses are hot, a turtle better had some fighters protecting it, because a stray shot might set of the payload.
because of its small size and relative manouverablilty, the turtle does not have a turret to protect the rear.
Attachments
turtle3.jpg
turtle2.jpg
turtle1.jpg

DarkestVorlon

Post by DarkestVorlon » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:41 pm

:Poke:
How goes things? and if not so well Any chance on getting my grubby paws on whats done so far? Im dying to have just a Bengal carrier and some fighters in nexus :jaw:

At anyrate, I love the screenshots. Excellent work all the way around :dthumbs:

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:10 am

well, there are quite a few development issues about this mod that need to be sorted out, such as mission scripting. we also don't have anyone to construct and maintain a website for us

Grinningd

Post by Grinningd » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:56 pm

Hey there,

I only just discovered the existence of your Wing Commander Mod and I really want to see it succeed and so I'd like to help.

I'm afraid I can be of no immediate practical use with the coding or skinning required of your project as I have no previous experience but if there is anything else I can help with - the website for example - then I would be glad to help in any way I can. Wing Commander was one of the first games that I ever played and I'd love to see it again in modern times and in a modern strategy format. (So Kudos to you guys for choosing Nexus over HW2 as the platform.)

But if you really need help with the game's coding then I suggest officially announcing the mod on http://moddb.com/ which will give you free press and also helps with 'help wanted' advertisments.

Ahem, anyway I know I'm being a bit presumptuous and I'm sure you've thought of things like that but either way I'm still here to help with anything you like, I'll even learn how to texture or model if that'll help.

Whatever your reply is I'd like to say 'Keep up the good work' :megab:

Return to “WC: Tactics”