Concordia Class, canon or style?

Wing Commander mod for Nexus

Moderators: Chevieblazer, Sarty

Chevieblazer

Concordia Class, canon or style?

Post by Chevieblazer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:50 pm

ok what we have here is two different concordias class carriers. the first one is the one from wc4. while it's supposed to be confed's oldest carrier class in existence, it is very much styled to fit wc4, and totally unfits the style of previous eras, such as wc1,2 and wc tv show. the second one is the concordia, styled to look like a ship from the wc1 era, but it is not canon. which one should i use?
Attachments
co1.jpg
conny2.jpg
conny1.jpg
You stop that!You scare my chicken!(Wing Commander)

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:23 am

I vote for the WC4 style one. It looks cool IMO. I don't like how the other one looks.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/ifram ... :0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:55 am

it actually came out looking very close to the lexington, the carrier class from wc armada(and the super wc tiger's claw) just with wings

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:27 am

I solicited the opinion of my friend CommanderJones, a WC fan since waaaaaaaay back--I think he's still got WC1 on floppy disk in a closet somewhere :D--and while he agrees that the WC4 Concordia looks way to modern (being just a slightly beefed-up version of the Victory from WC3), he thinks the "style" version looks more like a smaller ship (specifically the Exteter from WC1). We both think the body of the ship isn't quite big enough for the wings it has--we think the wings are making it look smaller than it really is. CJ specifically mentioned that he doesn't think the fuselage is long enough for the wings...

But both are certainly decent modelling... :)
The Artist Formerly Known as Captain Pierce

Sarty

Post by Sarty » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:58 am

Pierce 2: The Sequel wrote:I solicited the opinion of my friend CommanderJones, a WC fan since waaaaaaaay back--I think he's still got WC1 on floppy disk in a closet somewhere :D
My Collection :D
-= Paper & Really oddball stuff =-

About 20 magazines, some still sealed, mostly PC Gamer, some PC Entertainment, some Computer Gaming World, etc.
Some loose articles as well (10-15 of those) ripped out of larger magazines.
A letter from Patrick Bradshaw regarding promo materials for the WC III release
Wing Commander IV (4) The Price of Freedom Mark Hamill (Blair) standup, approx 12" high, intended for marketing, obviously
Wing Commander IV (4) The Price of Freedom Monitor surround for I think, a 15" monitor showing the keyboard keys and some closeups of characters, intended for marketing, obviously
Wing Commander IV (4) The Price of Freedom dummy box (exact box game came in, shrinkwrapped but empty for display purposes)
Wing Commander III Heart of the Tiger 1995 Calendar, never used
Wing Commander Trading Card Game Booster Pack set (release coincided with WC3 release), you must have the starter packs for Terrans and Kilrathis if you wish to play (I don't have them). STILL SEALED IN THE DISPLAY BOX, 36 Booster Packs, from Mag Force 7 Inc, officially licensed.
20th Century Fox "Wing Commander: The Movie" press packet from Seattle (with invitation to seattle premiere) along with press photos of cast in picture and descriptive book telling storyline and giving actor bios, in 20th Century Fox folder from the studio
Origin VHS Tape with the in-store Wing Commander Trailer, Wing Commander Gameplay clip and some other game stuff (Crusader and CyberMage)
WC Prophecy Soundtrack Audio CD
Wing Commander the Movie Soundtrack CD
"Secrets of the Wing Commander Universe" by Sybex publishing's Mark Minasi, (C) 1994, 400+ pages, NEAR MINT
"Origin's Official Guide to Wing Commander III" by Origin/BradyGames, (C) 1995, and still has the "Behind the Screens: The Wing Commander III Interactive CD" still sealed in the back cover, NEAR MINT
"Wing Commander I & II : The Ultimate Strategy Guide" by Origin/Prima's Mike Harrison, (C) 1992, some edge wear, otherwise NEAR MINT
"Wing Commadner III : The Ultimate Strategy Guide" by Prima's Steve Kent, (C) 1995, NEAR MINT
"Authorized Combat Guide Wing Commander III" by Origin/BradyGames, (C) 1995, NEAR MINT
"Privateer Playtester's Guide" by Origin, (C) 1993, corner damage but otherwise NEAR MINT
Manuals from WCI, WCII, WCIII, Privateer, Armada, Privateer 2, Academy, Origin Screen Saver, TopTen Pack (including WC), etc etc etc. with the games

-= WC Novels =-
2x "Freedom Flight" by Mercedes Lackey/Ellen Guon
2x "End Run" by Christopher Stasheff/William R Forstchen
3x "Fleet Action" by William R Forstchen
2x "Heart of the Tiger" by William R Forstchen/Andrew Keith
2x "Price of Freedom" by William R Forstchen/Ben Ohlander
"Action Stations" by William R Forstchen
"False Colors" by William R Forstchen/William Keith

-= Action Figures =-

2 (TWO) x Marine Blair
2 (TWO) x Blair in Flight Suit
2 (TWO) x Deveraux
Commodore Taggart
Marshall
Pilgrim Traitor
Kilrathi General
2 (TWO) x Kilrathi Pilot

-= Oddball/Game software items =-

IE Interactive Entertainment Magazine-CD (no magazine ever, just a CD!) Vol 3, incl WC Armada review
IE Interactive Entertainment Magazine-CD (no magazine ever, just a CD!) Vol 2, incl Super Wing Commander 3DO Review
Wing Commander IV The Price of Freedom/Crusader No Remorse Demo CD
Wing Commander III Heart of the Tiger In Store Demo Disc
Wing Commander III Heart of the Tiger In Store Demo Disc (still sealed from Origin)
2 Copies of Computer Gaming World Extra with Wing Commander IV Demo (still sealed)
PC Gamer CD-ROM Edition Vol 3 No 1 with Wing Commander IV info
Wing Commander III Behind the Scenes CD - Probably came bundled with the WC III Premiere Edition
SegaCD Wing Commander in plastic case with manual
Super Nintendo Wing Commander in box, with manual, NEAR MINT

-= Complete Games =-

Wing Commander 1 (1990 release) on 3.5 disk with ship diagrams, and all manuals, inserts, etc.
Wing Commander 1 Deluxe Edition (1992 release) on CD with all stuff inside
Wing Commander 2 Deluxe Edition (1992 release) on CD with all stuff inside
Wing Commander 2 Deluxe Edition CD-ROM Classics (I assume it was around 1993-94 this was released) with CD and only paper insert.
Wing Commander 2 on a EA Games Top Ten Pak CD with reference card
Wing Commander 1 and 2 Deluxe Edition Combo Pack (1994 release) on CD with all the stuff inside, CD still sealed, set includes reproductions (exact) of both original manuals
Wing Commander Academy (1993 release) on 3.5 disk with all materials
Wing Commander Academy CD-ROM Classics (93 or 94 release) with CD and insert
Wing Commander Privateer (1993 release) on CD with all manuals, etc
Wing Commander Armada (1994 release) on CD with all manuals, etc
Wing Commander Privateer 2 The Darkening (1996 release) on CD with all manuals, etc
Wing Commander Prophecy (1997 release) on CD with all manuals, etc
Wing Commander 3 Heart of the Tiger retail release, STILL SEALED
Wing Commander 3 Heart of the Tiger Premiere Edition, still contains:
Round film canister packaging
Box for CDs but has no barcode or system requirement info on the bottom (came alongside film canister)
"Behind the Scenes CD" (listed above)
Manual and Playguide
WC Fleet Action novel by William Fortschen (never read, MINT)
"The Making of WC3 The Interactive Movie" on VHS never viewed, MINT)
WC3 Poster, still folded never used
WC3 HOTT T-shirt
WC3 Ship data poster/card/foldout, still folded never used
Warranty card and all other inserts
Wing Commander 4 The Price of Freedom on CD (all manuals, inserts, etc)
Wing Commander 4 The Price of Freedom on PC-DVD (sleeve & DVD only)
Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga on CD (all manuals, etc) box has a dent/tear in center of bottom of box and CDs in excellent shape (used twice) other than that in near mint
The Concordia actually IS a beefed up Ranger class(Victory) in the actual WC story. At the time of the original WC game there were 33 of these in service.

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:21 pm

christ! that's what i call a collection!

@ pierce2: that was the idea behind my design, to have it look like a ship from wc1, like e.g. the exeter ;)

unfortunately, they never sold wc novels in germany(not that i've seen any) and the only forstchen book i saw in the states was rally cry

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:49 pm

hmmkay, i put a skin on the wc4 conny, and put it ingame. the last pis show it in the current confed fleet, and you have to admit the "brick" looks totally out of place between all those gracious wc1 ships
Attachments
fleetpic.jpg
conny3.jpg
conny2.jpg
conny1.jpg

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:38 pm

I will admit as much, though I still don't like the look of that WC1 design. As was said, it looks too small
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/ifram ... :0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Chevieblazer

Post by Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:53 pm

funny it has the same size, 800m

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:33 pm

Yeah, but there's nothing in the renders to give you a sense of that... :) Put it in the midst of the fleet, and it might give us a better feel for it...

Return to “WC: Tactics”