[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Concordia Class, canon or style?

Concordia Class, canon or style?

Wing Commander mod for Nexus

Moderators: Chevieblazer, Sarty

Concordia Class, canon or style?

Postby Chevieblazer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:50 pm

ok what we have here is two different concordias class carriers. the first one is the one from wc4. while it's supposed to be confed's oldest carrier class in existence, it is very much styled to fit wc4, and totally unfits the style of previous eras, such as wc1,2 and wc tv show. the second one is the concordia, styled to look like a ship from the wc1 era, but it is not canon. which one should i use?
Attachments
co1.jpg
conny2.jpg
conny1.jpg
You stop that!You scare my chicken!(Wing Commander)
Chevieblazer

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:23 am

I vote for the WC4 style one. It looks cool IMO. I don't like how the other one looks.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/iframe?steamID=STEAM_0:0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:55 am

Chevieblazer

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:27 am

I solicited the opinion of my friend CommanderJones, a WC fan since waaaaaaaay back--I think he's still got WC1 on floppy disk in a closet somewhere :D--and while he agrees that the WC4 Concordia looks way to modern (being just a slightly beefed-up version of the Victory from WC3), he thinks the "style" version looks more like a smaller ship (specifically the Exteter from WC1). We both think the body of the ship isn't quite big enough for the wings it has--we think the wings are making it look smaller than it really is. CJ specifically mentioned that he doesn't think the fuselage is long enough for the wings...

But both are certainly decent modelling... :)
The Artist Formerly Known as Captain Pierce
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby Sarty » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:58 am

Sarty

Postby Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:21 pm

Chevieblazer

Postby Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:49 pm

hmmkay, i put a skin on the wc4 conny, and put it ingame. the last pis show it in the current confed fleet, and you have to admit the "brick" looks totally out of place between all those gracious wc1 ships
Attachments
fleetpic.jpg
conny3.jpg
conny2.jpg
conny1.jpg
Chevieblazer

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:38 pm

I will admit as much, though I still don't like the look of that WC1 design. As was said, it looks too small
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TonViper42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">TonViper42</iframe><iframe src="http://steam.appspot.com/beta/api/iframe?steamID=STEAM_0:0:5677523" width="250" height="60" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Chevieblazer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:53 pm

Chevieblazer

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:33 pm

Yeah, but there's nothing in the renders to give you a sense of that... :) Put it in the midst of the fleet, and it might give us a better feel for it...
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Next

Return to WC: Tactics