[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - I'm embarrassed to be a South African because of ex-president Jacob Zuma!

I'm embarrassed to be a South African because of ex-president Jacob Zuma!

A forum for serious discussion only - i.e. politics, religion, ethics etc.

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, theblessedsheridan, Casious, Phantom16

I'm embarrassed to be a South African because of ex-president Jacob Zuma!

Postby maxdamage » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:34 pm

I'm embarrassed to think that the ANC youth league vehemently wants this guy to be the next president of SA?

He admits to having unprotected sex with a woman who is HIV+?He then says he took a shower as it will prevent him from getting aids?He is also still married afaik.He once was the head for the Moral Regeneration Movement in South Africa!Maybe he should become the head of the Moral Degeneration Movement!:lol:

maxdamage. :O
Image [url=http://www.nfsplanet.com/en/nfsc/showcase/author/10916/
]NFS:C[/URL]
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!
maxdamage

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:39 am

Um, Max... how can I put this delicately... and not to try and put this on you or anything, but... I think that there are lots better reasons to be ashamed of being South African... all those years of apartheid might be one... ;)

I mean, really... being ashamed of stupid politicians is pretty universal. Pretty much anyone in any country can point to at least one of their elected officials that's a good candidate for pre-emptive sterilization. We in the States are lucky that we have several hundred... :D
Pierce 2: The Sequel

Postby maxdamage » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:53 am

[quote="Pierce 2: The Sequel"]Um, Max... how can I put this delicately... and not to try and put this on you or anything, but... I think that there are lots better reasons to be ashamed of being South African... all those years of apartheid might be one... ]

Um, at least during apartheid the street lights were always on during the night!Now they are not, well atleast the ones in the street where I live as in the other street's lights are on and it will be a over a week today since my mother phoned to the municipality about the steet lights being off in the street where I live?

Nothing gets properly maintained with the new government as the money that is suppose to be used to maintain the electrical sub-stations,etc... get wasted elsewhere!

The one real funny thing is on tv quite few years ago there a couple of blacks that said on camera that they prefered living under apartheid as it was a lot safer than it is now.

Unfortunately I don't have statistics about crime in SA as the government doesn't want to have any surveys done as it will look really bad!!!

:Max:
maxdamage

Postby Crook » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:01 pm

Crook

Postby Phantom16 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:41 pm

Phantom16

Postby Del » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:42 pm

There are plenty of reasons to be ashamed of being American (Slavery, killing 14% of Vietnam's population, the two A-bombs, and the list goes on) or British (The Indian mutiny of 1857, the 1919 Jallianwalabagh Massacre ,the massacre of the Acadians...).
It's easy to take cheap shots at a country's past.

It seems that the first thing that goes through people's mind when they hear South Africa is apartheid, but why should that take away Max's right to complain about the situation today, he's living there and we are not.
Del

Postby Phantom16 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:27 am

Phantom16

Postby Del » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:39 am

I know, and when someone complains in America about Bush's behavior, the responses you'll hear from foreigners are not "Oh well, Americans, they had slaves!" Shouldn't be the case for SA either.
Del

Postby The_One » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:35 am

The_One

Postby Phantom16 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Phantom16

Next

Return to Serious Discussion