[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Maybe I'm just old fashioned

Maybe I'm just old fashioned

A forum for serious discussion only - i.e. politics, religion, ethics etc.

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, theblessedsheridan, Casious, Phantom16

Maybe I'm just old fashioned

Postby Phantom16 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:50 am

So I'm at work, alphabetizing music CD's. A lady talking on her phone comes up with about $100 worth of merchandise to ring up. She never looks at me, even when giving me her cash. I give her the change and receipt, tell her to have a nice day, and she walks off. Never made eye contact, never said anything, never acknowledged that I was a human or even existed. She kept right on going with her conversation (to her husband, I think. Though they weren't the nicest to each other). Hello, my name is mud.

Maybe I should just stare at customers on their phone until they get agitated enough to glare at me. Then I'll muster a big smile and say "How are you today?" Or maybe, if they come up to me, I'll get on my work phone and pretend to talk to my girlfriend or brother. Then I'll just do the same they do. If they look at me, I'll look at them. If they say something but don't hang up, I'll do the same. I'll hang up when they do.

Isn't it rude? They can always call that person back (I can tell it isn't urgent when they are arguing over what brand of toilet paper to buy). Is talking on the cell phone now a priority over talking to people in person? I swear, it makes me feel like dirt.
"Assimilate this!"
Phantom16

Postby Shadow Reaper » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:38 am

I've had a few like this when im back at home working.

Its a pain, but its just something you have to put up with in the retail sector. Most people are nice, but once in a while one arrogant asshole is gonna come up and shite on your day.
Shadow Reaper

Postby bzb » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:09 pm

bzb

Postby Del » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:31 am

Maybe I'm just young... but if someone spent 100$ at my store, I really wouldn't care if they're rude or not.
Del

Postby Gust0o » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:34 pm

This isn't always the case in life; people working in finance are renowned for having one gadget or another to absorb their attention... be it the Blackberry, the laptop, or the ever-present mobile phone.

Hence you won't get a word out of them, rude-as-you-like, on the commuter train.

However, rock up half an hour later, to discuss plans for the future of their company pension scheme, and they're all-ears and courtesies. I never thought pensions could be such fun, but the ability to cripple people in their old age has lent new life to financial consulting.

The cunts have to put their phones down then.
Gust0o

Return to Serious Discussion