Favourite Sport

A forum for serious discussion only - i.e. politics, religion, ethics etc.

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, theblessedsheridan, Casious, Phantom16

Favourite Sport

Other
10%
Other
30%
Other
No votes
Other
10%
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
10%
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
10%
Other
No votes
Other
10%
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
20%
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 10

Shadow Reaper

Favourite Sport

Post by Shadow Reaper » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:02 pm

Thought i'd bring this in here, seeing as this place could do with being re-invograted. Plus who knows the arguments that may go between football and american football or whatever else.

Anyway, so what is your favourite sport?

For me it has to be the ultimate sport, cricket. It's like warfare, but without the guns. Tactics, strategy, teamwork, skill, experience and strength. Test cricket is by far the best experience. People may go on about it being boring, uneventful and uninteresting, but if you look at it properly, and see what each player is doing, its a brilliant game.
"Next time you watch Return of the Jedi, note that all Ackbar wants to do, from the minute the assault on the Death Star begins, is leave."

TheOneNamedViper

Post by TheOneNamedViper » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:51 pm

I voted badminton, but I could just as easily have gone for hockey. In any case, I haven't really had the opportunity to get into any sport lately. I'm not much a fan of just watching sports in any case...

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:04 pm

I voted for Soccer for both playing it and watching the worldcup. Although I was disappointed in the lack of Canadian Football, as both American and Aussie Rules were included (I'm assuming that Aussie Rules Football is american football with different rules). In either case I wouldn't have voted for it, it's just that you've included so many other things on there, just not that. Come to think of it, Lacross isn't on there either (Technically it's Canada's National sport, though everyone knows us for Hockey). Oh well can't put everything eh.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:57 pm

Well I got to 21 and I thought "how many people do I actually expect to answer this..."

To be fair I haven't even heard of Canadian Football, and I think I forgot Gaelic football as well. Hence why i put 'Other' as an option really.

As for Lacross I didn't even think of that...

Del

Post by Del » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:56 pm

Voted badminton, because it's just so much fun. As for watching sports... well I don't really see the point except if it's a big international event where it's a symbolic clash of countries. Soccer comes close second for me, and american football a distant third. Although I love archery as well, I haven't had the occasion to do some in years.

Sigma957

Post by Sigma957 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:34 am

I would have to say aussie rules football is my fav sport.

Gust0o

Post by Gust0o » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:48 am

Football; not that I was ever the best of players... I was the dirtiest right-back our college team had ever seen, and had a growing collection of yellow cards for 'foul and abusive language'.

Well done Gus!

That said, I've been a Leeds fan through thick-and-thin, and go regularly; I think it's a great game to watch, although it's sometimes more pleasurable to be sat in a warm pub whilst doing so.

That and the curse of Football Manager... how many hours, days, weeks have been committed to Champ? When they run those life surveys, discovering you spend twenty years of your life asleep, or whatever, I wish they'd spend some time researching that.

Could have put rugby, wasn't a bad prop in my day; in fact, I've been invited back to play for Morley, so I could be a good prop again! Cricket? I played wicket keep at school and uni, and am going on tour for the tests with the pub lads, but...

But.

Yeah, football it is. And not soccer you cunts.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:07 pm

Voted motorsport as soccer is for sissies.......One slight kick to the knee and they act as if they were kicked in the nuts and yes I played soccer for a while when I was kid so I know what goes on....

:Max:
ImageNFS:MW NFS:U2 NFS:C Graaaagh! hellkom
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:35 am

maxdamage wrote:...soccer is for sissies...
LOL I wouldn't say that to a brit during football season to his face.

Gust0o

Post by Gust0o » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:29 am

Aye, you wouldn't be saying that on the stands either - you'd get fucking stroked!

Return to “Serious Discussion”