[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - New Orleans....It's like a movie

New Orleans....It's like a movie

A forum for serious discussion only - i.e. politics, religion, ethics etc.

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, theblessedsheridan, Casious, Phantom16

Postby Charvell » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:17 pm

I see you paid no attention to the meat of the article and assumed a stereotypical stance. Did you miss the part about letting criminals loose? or maybe the part about rape, lootings, murder? Possibly the part about shooting at rescuers and guardsman?

Everyone knows the welfare state doesn't work. Everyone knows that most (not all) people that get on it never leave it and don't have the desire to better themselves. Why should they? There's no incentive. Until it's taken from you and you have to resort to violence and stealing because all you know how to do is take from people.

There's plenty of other people there who don't resort to these violent tendencies that know what it feels like to actually loose something you've spent years building. These are the people the reporter was talking about when he made comments regarding The many decent, innocent people trapped in New Orleans when the deluge hit
Charvell

Postby RLK86 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:45 am

RLK86

Postby Phantom16 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:16 am

"Assimilate this!"
Phantom16

Postby BT » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 am

BT

Postby Meurig » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:56 am

Meurig

Postby DesertFox82 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:15 pm

I'd have some choice things to say about that "story", but what I've had to say has already been said before I got to it. Though this Tracinski character rattles on about worthless people taking advantage of a terrible disaster to rape and loot, it appears to me he is using this disaster to further his own political ideas. Sickening.

Oh, and @ Phantom16
[quote]I know from experience that some people will get to the point where they feel like they deserve stuff just for breathing. They don't understand the concept of working for your money, and become prideful and lose patience. They live off of welfare, figuring "hey, I have a steady flow of money, and because I'm underpriviledged or something, I don't hafta work for it!"[\QUOTE]

Til the last line, I thought you were talking about an episode of the OC. If you replace the phrase "I'm underpriviledged or something" with "my daddy's president of So and So Inc." I'd have sworn you were quoting a rich little daddy's-girl I met just yesterday. The attitude that expressed there is rampant across the board, at all social and economic levels.

Perhaps the best solution of all was right in front of us all the time.
[quote="Monty Python's Flying Circus - Episode Five: Man's crisis of identity in the latter half of the twentieth century"]Well I think they should attack the lower classes, er, first with bombs, and rockets destroying their homes, and then when they run helpless into the streets, er, mowing them down with machine guns. Er, and then of course releasing the vultures. I know these views aren't popular, but I have never courted popularity[\QUOTE]
DesertFox82

Postby DesertFox82 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:19 pm

DesertFox82

Postby Gust0o » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:47 pm

<i>"CORRECTION
In a recent article about Birmingham City footballer Robbie Savage the words "freezing semen directly from the pointed, scaly knob of the Prince of Darkness himself" should have read "digestive biscuit". We apologise for any confusion or embarrassment our error may have caused."</i>
Gust0o

Postby Charvell » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:43 am

The system does what it was designed to do. That is give people who are in trouble a chance to get out of trouble. The system fails when, in addition to the above, creates job opportunities for more government employees than is required, relieves citizens of earnings that can be spent more wisely, allows people who don't need help but rather need a cick in the pants to get a free ride, gives little incentive to the prospect of becomming free of the system.

A person in need is a person who needs us.

A person who's lazy is a person who bleeds us.
Charvell

Postby Gust0o » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:27 pm

Well, I was making reference to the UK system; the US system, from all that I have seen of it, is markedly different in its impact. All I seem to have seen of the US system is black people travelling hundreds of miles on government buses, without reference to their family needs.

Which then cycles back into the question of whether such represents a genuine oppurtunity...

We'd need a more detailed explanation of the US system in practice; volunteers?
<i>"CORRECTION
In a recent article about Birmingham City footballer Robbie Savage the words "freezing semen directly from the pointed, scaly knob of the Prince of Darkness himself" should have read "digestive biscuit". We apologise for any confusion or embarrassment our error may have caused."</i>
Gust0o

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion