[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - What's happened?

What's happened?

A forum for serious discussion only - i.e. politics, religion, ethics etc.

Moderators: Shadow Reaper, theblessedsheridan, Casious, Phantom16

What's happened?

Postby The_One » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:19 pm

You may be wondering what has happened to all the posts in this forum.

Well – and this is the honest truth – tragically they were lost in the move. Everything else seemed to come over fine, apart from the posts within this forum. I think it may have had something to do with that BBC thing that we had at the top on UBB. Anyway, if I were to test out my theory it would take hours to re-do the import, and even more time to sort everything else out afterwards. And it still might not have been the reason.

Now, this forum has had its ups and downs (mostly downs), so I think a fresh start is in order – maybe the whole thing was a sign. As you can see, we’ve also re-named the forum to “Serious Discussion” in order to widen the scope of debate. So, let’s try and put all the bullshit of the past from the other forums behind us, and start again on the right foot (or the left, for all you pinko commie bastards out there).

Enjoy.
The_One

Gahh!

Postby Phantom16 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:40 am

The new interface! I can't handle it! *cough* *wheez*

But ya, I agree. Lets try to have "serious" conversations now rather than posting little bashing remarks about each other.
"Assimilate this!"
Phantom16

Postby Gust0o » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:02 am

Little bashing remarks? I think you'll find yourself mistaken sir! They were sweeping diatribes, detailing how cuntish certain members may be!

That said, I'm not sure I'll be missing them any time soon; though I feel the notion of 'serious discussion' may be limited by the preconceptions and experiences of the current range of members.

In short, as was at the heart of so problems with the old site, we need new members.

Maybe we could have a serious discussion as to how to find some?
<i>"CORRECTION
In a recent article about Birmingham City footballer Robbie Savage the words "freezing semen directly from the pointed, scaly knob of the Prince of Darkness himself" should have read "digestive biscuit". We apologise for any confusion or embarrassment our error may have caused."</i>
Gust0o

Postby Shadow Reaper » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:45 am

Shadow Reaper

Postby The_One » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:04 pm

The_One

Postby DesertFox82 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:22 pm

Speaking along GustOo's lines, I'd ask what brings people here in the first place.

What brought me here was the mods, SOA at first, and then SWNR. I followed them here, and stayed here for the others I found. Apart from the mods it hosts, how else is TGU attracting members? What would we like to see it do?

WoW guilds seem to be all the rage these days, are there enough Wow players here for one of those? That would boost site traffic. I've enjoyed reading the exploits of the Penny Arcade and PvP guilds on there sites, and I don't even play.
DesertFox82

hoourah

Postby Shadow of Light » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:42 pm

The ambition to be a politician should bar that person from ever becoming one
Shadow of Light

Postby bzb » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:58 pm

bzb

Postby The_One » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:11 pm

The_One

Postby Shadow Reaper » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:44 pm

Shadow Reaper

Return to Serious Discussion