[C6 Setup] Mod Help Request

A 2D turn based stratgey simulator to be played in conjuction with SWFA

Moderators: nickersonm, insecttoid3, Corran_Horn

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:30 pm

Help is requested for the creation of the EvR mod for Homeworld. If you are interested in helping, please read the rest of this post.

I will be gone, on vacation, for the next two weeks (June 19th to August 2nd). Therefore, I will not be available to supervise the creation of the mod. However, I believe that much work on the mod can be accomplished if the following is done:

If you wish to help out with the mod, please select a ship (or several) to work on. Make the changes outlined below, and hold on to the files. When I get back, I will ask for all work. I will either accept it as-is, ask you to change it slightly, or reject it. I probably won't be rejecting many, as I need all the help I can get ;) . Please try to make the changes as fair and reasonable as possible. For example, don't put all the weapons in the front 1/3 of the ship, and don't stick the ECLP's superlaser on sideways [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Otherwise, there will be a lot of changes I will ask you to make. I'm hoping that with the help of the community, the mod can be ready soon.

The first priority is to do the ships that will see combat first - so, if the ECLP and VSCT aren't done for a while, that will be fine. They won't be used for a while.

Here are the ships and the changes that need to be made. Depending on the outcome of the vote, the final change list may be different. Go ahead and do what is listed here, not many things will need to be changed. Stuff that is unspecified (mass, etc. for new ships) should be reasonable values.

-------------------------------------------------
Notes:

For lengths: I believe 1 unit=1 meter in HW.
For Combat Repair: scale non-combat repair accordingly.
Superlaser Mk. II has damage of 4750-5250, lifetime of 6, and recharge of 60.
Superlaser Mk. I has damage of 2750-3250, lifetime of 5, and recharge of 60.
Unless specified, stats remain the same.
Original EvR mod 1.5 (1.4+patches) files available at http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/evr/evrswnr_v15.zip
New ships available at http://www.isomedia.com/homes/nickerso/ ... 0Ships.zip

General Changes:*TF, TB, TI, MC80, MC40, NFRG, INT, AW, XW, EW, CRCR, CGUN, YW, KW, MC75, Z95, MFRG, VSD, XG1, TA, ESC, DRED, V38, STRK, MISL, DX9, TD, CUV, MESC, ATRN, EMPR Done by Chariot. CRCK, CCS Done by bob2010*</font>
  • All TL ranges increased by a factor of 1.5.</font>
  • Set blastRadiusDamage of each ship to 1/3 of the ship's HP.</font>
  • Set blastRadiusShockWave depending on the geometry of the ship. The blastRadiusShockWave value determines how far explosion damage will spread, in units of collsphere (collision sphere), which is set in the .mex. Large, long ships usually have values of .75, while small, roundish ships have values of 1.5 or 2. Average ships should have around 1.</font>
  • All stations with previously 0 sublight velocity need to have 10 sublight velocity.</font>
  • Comments: These are changes that need to be made to every ship.</font>
ECLP:</font>
  • Length of 17,500 m.</font>
  • Health of 5,260,000.</font>
  • Combat Repair of 3,700.</font>
  • Weapons: 20 Octuple Laser Cannons, 78 12x Heavy Turbolasers, 1 Superlaser Mk. II.</font>
  • Comments: Distribute the weapons in a simmilar manner to the current weapon setup.</font>
SSD:</font>
  • Length of 17.6 km.</font>
  • Health of 4,400,000.</font>
  • Combat Repair of 2,300.</font>
  • Weapons: 4 Octuple Ion Cannons, 8 Octuple Laser Cannons, 12 Octuple Turbolaser Batteries, 75 Octuple Heavy Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • Fix rear navlights.</font>
  • Comments: Distribute the weapons in a sensible manner, simmilar to the current weapon setup.</font>
SOV:</font>
  • Length of 15 km.</font>
  • Health of 2,800,000.</font>
  • Combat Repair of 1,200.</font>
  • Weapons: 3 Octuple Ion Cannons, 12 Quad Laser Cannons, 14 Octuple Turbolaser Batteries, 64 Octuple Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 1 Superlaser Mk. I.</font>
  • Comments: Distribute the weapons in a sensible manner ;) .</font>
OSD:*Confused Chariot*</font>
  • Length of 6.9 km.</font>
  • Health of 1,200,000.</font>
  • Combat Repair of 640.</font>
  • Weapons: 9 Dual Ion Cannons, 4 Quad Laser Cannons, 16 Quad Turbolaser Bateries, 43 Quad Heavy Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • Sublight Speed of 126.</font>
  • Comments: Try to distribute the weapons in a sensible manner, but make the majority of them forward-facing: this is supposed to be a cap-killing ship.</font>
IFRT and RFRT:</font>
  • Added in-game hyperspace ability.</font>
ISD:</font>
  • Fix the firing arc on the HTL turrets (currently fires through the ship).</font>
  • Comments: Just make it so that the firing arc agrees with the hull - cut it off at the angle the hull makes with it.</font>
PEN:</font>
  • Length of 1,200 m.</font>
  • Health of 162,000.</font>
  • Combat Repair of 120.</font>
  • Weapons: 16 Double Ion Cannons, 24 Quad Laser Cannons, 12 Double Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • Comments: Again, distribute the weapons sensibly. This is an AA ship, so it should have full coverage.</font>
CRCK:*Done by bob2010*</font>
  • New model.</font>
  • Comments: R2 dfgfrigate, I believe, provided by Gank. It's already in HW format, but I haven't taken a detailed look at the files to make sure everything but the model matches the old CRCK.</font>
LFRG:*Done by bob2010*</font>
  • New model.</font>
  • Comments: R2 cloakgenerator, I believe, provided by Gank. Same situation as the CRCK.</font>
STRG and MTRN:</font>
  • Move to targetdrone slots to eliminate drones.</font>
  • Comments: All stats stay the same, the drone section needs to be removed and the files and references need to be renamed.</font>
CUV and MESC:*Done by Chariot*</font>
  • 1.5x old mine damage.</font>
  • Comments: All other stats stay the same.</font>
TF:*Checked by bob2010, Chariot*</font>
  • Smaller collision box.</font>
  • Comments: I believe the collision box is bigger than the actual model right now. Plase check it out and reduce it so that it fits with the model. If it's the correct size, please ignore this.</font>
VSCT:</font>
  • New ship - Viscount-Class Mon Calamari Cruiser.</font>
  • Length of 16,000 m.</font>
  • Sublight speed of 120.</font>
  • Health of 3,200,000.</font>
  • Combat Repair of 2,800.</font>
  • Weapons: 4 Octuple Ion Cannons, 11 Octuple Laser Cannons, 30 Octuple Turbolaser Batteries, 54 Octuple Heavy Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • Comments: Model in 3ds format, with .bmp textures. Everything needs to be converted to HW format. This will go in the R1 ioncannonfrigate slot, replacing the AFRG. Please make sensible decisions when creating this.</font>
HOM1:*Confused bob2010*</font>
  • New model.</font>
  • Comments: Same model situation as the VSCT. The .mex will also need to be adjusted to fit the new model. Just move the po s up or down relative to the model surface.</font>
MC90:</font>
  • Sublight speed of 214.</font>
  • Weapons: 4 additional Double Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • New model.</font>
  • Comments: Same model and .mex situation as the HOM1. Also, please add the additional weapons in sensible positions.</font>
MC80A:*lodded by bob2010*</font>
  • Sublight speed of 192.</font>
  • Weapons: 5 Double Ion Cannons, 5 Quad Laser Cannons, 22 Double Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • Comments: This is just 4 more DTLs. Please place them in sensible positions.</font>
MC80B:</font>
  • Weapons: 8 Quad Laser Cannons, 14 Double Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • Comments: This is just 4 fewer DTLs. Please choose sensible positions to remove some from. Some remaining ones could be shifted a bit to cover gaps.</font>
MC75:*Done by Chariot*</font>
  • Sublight speed of 204.</font>
MC40:*Done by Chariot*</font>
  • Sublight speed of 360.</font>
ATRN:*Done by Chariot*</font>
  • Health of 3,000.</font>
BULWK:*Confused Chariot*</font>
  • Health of 1,280,000.</font>
  • Weapons: 20 Quad Laser Cannons, 20 Double Turbolaser Batteried, 25 Double Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 25 Quad Heavy Turbolaser Batteries.</font>
  • Comments: Please place the weapons in sensible positions.</font>
CCS:*Done by Bob2010*</font>
  • Length of 4 km.</font>
  • Health of 980,000.</font>
  • Comments: This just needs to be rescaled.</font>
EMPR:*Done by Chariot*</font>
  • Weapons: 4 Quad Laser Cannon, 8 Quad Heavy Rocket, 8 Turbolaser Batteries, 14 Dual Advanced Concussion Missile, 10 Quad Proton Torpedo.</font>
  • Comments: Please place the weapons in sensible positions.</font>
MCRV:*Done by bob2010*</font>
  • New model.</font>
  • Comments: p1missilecorvette, provided by Gank. Same situation as the CRCK.</font>
SBB:</font>
  • New model.</font>
  • Comments: p1fighter, provided by Gank. Same situation as the CRCK.</font>
SVPR:</font>
  • New model.</font>
  • Comments: p2advancedswarmer, provided by Gank. Same situation as the CRCK.</font>
Hapan Battledragon:</font>
  • New ship, replacing the LMIN.</font>
  • Model and stats from previous SWNR version.</font>
  • Comments: p3destroyer, taken from a previous SWNR version with permission from Zee. Everything needs to be renamed to go in to the p2multibeamfrigate slot, and the special MBF code needs to be added to stop it from spinning. I suggest this be left until I return, unless anyone else knows it.</font>
Asteroid Base:</font>
  • New, unbuildable ship, primarily for pirate use.</font>
  • "Asteroid Base" model from previous SWNR version.</font>
  • Unarmed, immobile slot.</font>
  • Length (diameter?) of 15,000m.</font>
  • Health of 900,000.</font>
  • Weapons: None.</font>
  • Comments: I don't have the model, but Chariot can probably provide it. It needs to be moved to an open, unarmed slot, possibly the cryotray or defensefighter.</font>
Several New Unarmed Ships:</font>
  • Taken straight from SWNR versions, with Zeelich's permission.</font>
  • Ghostship slot: Bulk Freighter - Slightly lower HP than a SUPX.</font>
  • HeadShotAsteroid slot: Liberator Cruiser, stripped of weapons and scaled down - "Civilian" cruise liner. Note: find another approriate moncal ship from SWNR, we don't have permission to use the Liberator.</font>
  • MiningBase slot: Class-A Cargo Container - Weak HP, stationary sublight.</font>
  • ResearchShip slot: Class-D Cargo Container - Weak HP, stationary sublight.</font>
  • SalCapCorvette slot: YT-2400, stripped of weapons.</font>
  • JunkYardHQ slot: YT-1400, stripped of weapons.</font>
  • Comments: Chariot can probably provide the SWNR versions - they just need to be moved to the appropriate slot, and a few stats need tweaking.</font>
Thanks for your help, and I'll be back in two weeks [img]smile.gif[/img] .

- nickersonm, EvR GM

[ 18. March 2004, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: nickersonm ]

Del

Post by Del » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:50 pm

I'll give you an 800m PEN ;) .

Pos_21

Post by Pos_21 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:47 am

*cracks knuckles*

looks like we've got a bit of work to do, eh?

*is off to look for some tutorials...*

Del

Post by Del » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:15 am

Beh most of that stuff can be done in a dedicated day, well unless you want remexes but I think I can do a good part of it tommorow or monday, need some time to get re-accustomed.

Edit: oh [swear word] I have to get my copy of HW back first [lots of swear words].

[ 20. July 2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Del ]

Pos_21

Post by Pos_21 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:33 am

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

i want to learn it... tis a nice skill to have imho

[EDIT: :eek: :eek: :eek: wow, that stuff looks unduely complicated and throughly unintuitive... del, you want it, you got it :rolleyes: ]

[ 20. July 2003, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Pos_21 ]

Lama Su

Post by Lama Su » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:49 pm

That's right pos ... if u all want to get this work finally done 'til end of sumer vacation , you'll have too learn how to help u !

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:49 pm

I'd propose that RP/RB people take RP/RB ships in priority, whereas IM/IP people take IM/IP ships in priority. That'll allow people not to "purposely" design a few weaknesses in the design, and also allow the "engineers" of each team to "optimise" ships for their needs, but still according to the rules (that is, no unbalanced mexing).

Del

Post by Del » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

I disagree entirely. You totally missed the point Turg but go see in the other topic I won't post it twice.

[ 20. July 2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Del ]

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:06 am

Del, strangely, I remember you posted exactly the contrary (but that's hard to proove, I didn't save the topic). Besides, if you say that RPs players shouldn't have a say at RP ships, then I don't see why IMs players should mex RP ships.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:33 am

Turgidson strangely I wasn't referring to the same point.

WOH hold on there, the one who does the .shp isn't the one who determines it as far as I know.

[ 21. July 2003, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Del ]

Return to “Empire vs Republic”