[C6 Setup] Mod Help Request

A 2D turn based stratgey simulator to be played in conjuction with SWFA

Moderators: nickersonm, insecttoid3, Corran_Horn

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:45 am

The one who does the .mex is still able to purposely majke some "holes", or, at least, "weak points" in a ship, to give it some disadvantage. I think it's better that we have ships "as good as possible", rather than ships "as bad as possible", in terms of mexing (and, possibliy, shping). Hence my proposal to have RP/RB people mex/shp the RP/RB ships in priority, while IM/IP people take care of IM/IP ships.

And I don't see why you'd disagree this.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:05 am

I don't, as long as you are efficient.
as good as possible", rather than ships "as bad as possible",
And how about, um let's say "as canon as possible"? Or I'm putting the HTL batterieso on the ISD front since HW doesn't like broadsides, yeah I think I'll do that even if they're clearly on the sides of the command tower it'll make the ship 'as good as possible'.

You are clearly paranoid and think there is a global conspiracy against the NR shiplist but fact is *drum roll* THERE ISN'T!

Although I'm not sure remexes are needed only reshipping in most cases. But suit yourself do your own side just do it fast.

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:15 am

I didn't say that only RP/RBs should do RP/RB ships, but that RP/RB people should start with their own ships, and IM/IPs also with their own.

And, my "as good as possible" included within the rules fixed by the GMs. Which, usually, are based on canon facts whenever available... but canon is not always there.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:22 am

He asked for help I offered mine, you come here and you cry conspiracy. What is wrong with you? And as you keep pointing out it's up to the GM not you.

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:28 am

Did I cry conspiracy ? No. I just said that RPs should take RP ships first, and IMs should take IM ships first, so that, at the end, we avoid this kind of controversies. I've read previous shipset debates, which have sometimes been quite rough, so I can suppose that, if one mex is perceived as slightly "unfair", some people might complain. If everyone does his own stuff first, no one will have a reason to complain. Got it ?

Del

Post by Del » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:29 am

That's exactly what you did. NOthing short of accusing us of trying to accuse us of sabotaging your ships... This debate is pointless and thus ended, we'll see what your 'GM' thinks.

[ 21. July 2003, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: Del ]

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:51 am

Originally posted by Del:
That's exactly what you did. Nothing short of accusing us of trying to accuse us of sabotaging your ships...
Well, I've read C2 topics, and, usually, when an RP units seemed to be quite good the GE complained about that. Etc... I'm not saying all IM people would purposedly make bad RP/RB ships, but some might, at least unconciously.

For example : when I see the current mexing of some of the current (C3/C4/C5) ships, I see some "weird" stuff. If I'd be asked to remex the ship, I'd try to fix these parts, to make the ship "overall better", because I think the original mexing was flawed. Do I have to do it ? No, since the current ship has these flaws, so the update can theoretically keep them. Would everyone do that ? Possibly not. Thus, should I do that for ships that will be used by others, whereas I'm not sure that the people who mex "my" ships would do the same (and be perfectly allowed not to) ? That's an open question.
This debate is pointless and thus ended, we'll see what your 'GM' thinks.
OK.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:04 am

and i could have a look at some of the imp ships for u if yay like, cant mex mind :(

slim31r

Post by slim31r » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:53 pm

hmmmm, tis a shame you all cant accept someones help without thinking they are out to get you or your side.

Enjoy your vacation there nicker and good luck with the modding.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:55 pm

its because the kinda person who thinks that, would do it themself...

Return to “Empire vs Republic”