[C6 Voting] Ship Changes

A 2D turn based stratgey simulator to be played in conjuction with SWFA

Moderators: nickersonm, insecttoid3, Corran_Horn

Del

Post by Del » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:26 am

I think it's more likely (and reasonable) that they get the TA (or even TD story-wise) than the V-38... But they couldn't produce them anyway.

Although for the TD they'd have to reverse engineer one of the defecting (and surviving) fighters, for a bunch of underpaid rogue techs, tough luck.

Pirates with T/ds and T/as would be a huge strech, but cloacking tech? It's preposterous even the NR doesn't have it and even twelve years after thrawn the remnants of the empire still go to great lengths to keep it from enemy hands.

[ 23. July 2003, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Del ]

Del

Post by Del » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:49 am

Illustrating Turgs point:

Even if you acquired the plans for this killer
You'd be unable to produce it due to both insufficient technology and innapropriate materials. (Plasma based stealth, new generation of polycarbon materials in the wings)

You could however acquire and produce a good fighter such as this one:

And you could mass produce an old but decent fighter such as this one:

Note to Turg: With F117 as V-38 mig-21 would compare to a TIE/F you evil bastard Image .

[ 23. July 2003, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Del ]

NapoleonGH

Post by NapoleonGH » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:02 am

Turg is actually quite right about the Bulwark, i was wrong, i just wanted to make things a little different, i dunno.

I actually would have less of a problem with the IP getting a TA than the V38, V38 really should not be in the hands of the warlords whereas TAs are the least advanced and most common of the late generation imperial "super" fighters.

Darth1o9

Post by Darth1o9 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:52 am

nap i actual said it made less sense for ip to have a V38 tha a TA simple cos of teh cloak tech, i mean if you can produce cloak tech, well TA ant gona be that hard, and turg, it said on my sources the TA became a frontline fighter, pretty mass produced, and strictly if you want to go cannon i have a problem with the IM haveing the TD then, as the project was abaddoned [img]tongue.gif[/img] Also the TD isnt relativly old tech compared to teh rest of the ships.

On a side not del, what teh hell are you going on about, we are not talking about jets, not enough tech to produce these ships, i really doubt it for the reason above. able to produce stealth fighters.

[ 23. July 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Darth1o9 ]

Visit the Galactic Conquest online Website <a href="http://www.curseuppl.com/" target="_blank">here</a>

Del

Post by Del » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:31 pm

1) I was making a visual analogy because you hardly understand words.

2) I was underlining the superiority of russian stealth technology because the ethnocentrist american above took the f117 as example of the superior fighter.

[ 23. July 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Del ]

IceBeast

Post by IceBeast » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:08 pm

One quick pt Del. Turg is french, so its a little hard for him to be an "ethnocentrist american"

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:41 pm

I pretty well know that F-117A ain't that new today (it's more than 20 years old), and also has a lot of disadvantages. Since V38 shouldn't be a superfighter either, and also has disadvantages, IMHO the "real world" equivalent of the V38 is merely the F-117, than the Raptor (or the Sukhoi S-37 Berkut, but as far as I know, the Berkut is still only a technological demonstrator).

Else :
- haven't read anywhere that the TA became the main fighter of the GE.
- perhaps EU say that TD was abandonned, but it might be as abandonned as the B2 currently is - means mass-production can restart "if needed/wanted". Don't forget we'll be the top of the hierarchy, and not low-ranked officers. If you want "pure" canon, the only possible battles would be the ones that were in the movies/books, exact same setting, etc...
- the analogy with jets seems relevant to me, because starfighters also have miniaturised components, and because features like manoeuvrability is also important for them.
- I remember that GMs (at least, Nick) was wondering whether IPs should keep V38, or also "lose" it. In fact, Bern had been hesitating between V38s and TAs for IPs (which, at the time, were supposed to be "warlords like other IM warlords", thus different galactic setting implying different logic for ships/fighters availability), and took the V38s because they would be more "sneaky" (thus, more "rogue" feeling).

And, as many people have already said, IPs have the StarViper, which IS a GOOD fighter. Why always this TA obsession ? If it ain't a TIE, is it necessarily bad ?

Pos_21

Post by Pos_21 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:48 pm

in reply to the ending statement of turgles ^^^, the TIE/F/B/I are bad... hehehe, the TIE-FBI ^_^

Del

Post by Del » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:38 pm

Originally posted by IceBeast:
One quick pt Del. Turg is french, so its a little hard for him to be an "ethnocentrist american"
Ah ben fallait le dire vieux! Ah c'est marqué, oups... [img]redface.gif[/img] lol

OK, make it: felt like putting up a pic of the Bekrut and was once again most very bored ;) .

[ 23. July 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Del ]

Lama Su

Post by Lama Su » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:04 pm

Mouarf !!! Del la boulette !!! lol :D
Mais sache que turg ne parle que très rarement français , il n'a dit que 3 , 4 ou 5 mots en freançais depuis que je le connais ( par mail interposé bien sur ) , alors ne t'attend pas a une réponse de turg en français....
Ce serais un .... MIRACLE !!! ;)

* It feel so good speaking our natal language ....
* oups wrong thread :D
* nevermind

* who was talking about star wars ships :rolleyes:

Return to “Empire vs Republic”