[C6 Voting] General Setup

A 2D turn based stratgey simulator to be played in conjuction with SWFA

Moderators: nickersonm, insecttoid3, Corran_Horn

Superfactions

You may select 1 option

View results

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:57 am

The voting for the C6 General Setup is here!

At the bottom of this post is a copy of the C6 General Setup. Please refer to it while you answer the poll.

The poll will ask you about each section. Please vote on as many as you would like. This is your chance to make your opinion known.

If a section is dissaproved by 50% of the players, it will not be included in the final setup.

If a section is not approved by one or two GMs, but a supermajority (66%) of players approve, it will be included in the final setup. "Approve, with changes" votes are counted as "Approve" votes.

If a section passes, but over 50% of the "Approve" votes are "Approve, with changes," a discussion will be held to make the changes. The modified section will then be voted on again.

If you have any questions, please post them here! Also, please post if you notice anything wrong.

- nickersonm

-------------------------------------------------

C6 General Setup:

Superfactions:</font>
  • One RP and one IM superfaction, no alliance allowed between them.</font>
  • No player limits, however if the superfactions are unbalanced, people will be encouraged to move.</font>
  • Faction leaders will be given a controller account.</font>
  • Faction leaders may ask the GMs to transfer a unit from one member to another.</font>
  • A total of 380 planet levels each, distributed across planets and moons. Planets will range from size 4 to 12, with the average around 5. Moons will range from size 1 to 4. Each planet will have 0 to 2 moons.</font>
  • Planets distributed with 1-6 per star system.</font>
  • Initial planet ownership will be decided within each superfaction. The GMs will assign planets based on the decision of the players.</font>
  • Each faction will have a "capital" system. The IM superfaction will start with the Bastion system, and the RP superfaction will start with Mon Calamari.</font>
  • Three asteroid "rings" per superfaction, randomly distributed around 3 stars, each not to exceed 10k total resource content.</font>
Independant Factions:</font>
  • Unlimited number of small IP and RB factions.</font>
  • 4-player limit per faction.</font>
  • Independant factions may choose their general starting location. They may choose to start near the IM superfaction, the RP superfaction, in-between, or in the middle of NPCs.</font>
  • 2 planets and 0 to 2 moons per player. Average of 12 levels per player.</font>
  • 1 planetary "ring" per faction, randomly distributed around 1 planet, not to exceed 2k total resource content.</font>
  • Planets distributed around 1 to 3 star systems, depending on player numbers.</font>
Pirates:</font>
  • 4 Pirates run by Gaunt (if he wants to), Honvik (if he wants to), Calavan, and Rad Razor.</font>
  • Using pirate rules that Gaunt created (Final Draft and Premilinary Draft), supplemented (and replaced) by additional rules noted below.</font>
  • When conducting a normal raid, pirates get 10% their fleet's value in supplies.</font>
  • New type of raid: Supply Raid. Pirates only raid supplies, taking 20% their fleet's value in supplies. No VPs are taken.</font>
  • Pirates are based on FRTs.</font>
  • Pirates may capture and hold moons.</font>
  • Factions may sell ships to Pirates by contacting a GM.</font>
  • Pirates may sell ships to factions of the correct shipset by contacting a GM.</font>
NPCs:</font>
  • 6 major systems (subject to change): Coruscant, Correlia, Kuat, Fondor, Bilbringi, and Sluis Van. Each will contain all the planets and moons they do in the SW Galaxy.</font>
  • Major NPCs will actively defend their system, but not attack other players (even in response).</font>
  • Medium NPCs will represent familliar Star Wars systems, usually small and/or mainly barren systems.</font>
  • Medium NPCs will aggressively defend their area, and may respond to attacks. They can have a maximum of 2 alliances with other medium NPCs.</font>
  • Numerous minor NPCs scattered between the two superfactions.</font>
  • Minor NPCs will only build defenses (ION, PSHLD, TROOP, stationary ship).</font>
  • NPCs may not build superships.</font>
Starting VPs:</font>
  • Superfactions will recieve 50k VP each for infrastructure on the first turn, and 25k VP each for ships (including troops) on the second turn, divideable among members. Each member must recieve 1k VP minimum for structures, and 500 VP minimum for ships.</font>
  • Independant factions will recieve 3k VP per player for infrastructure on the first turn, and 1.5k VP per player for ships (including troops) on the second turn. These VPs may not be pooled.</font>
  • Structures must be ordered by the end of the first turn. They will be insta-built.</font>
  • Ships must be ordered by the end of the second turn. They will be insta-built.</font>
New Players:</font>
  • New players may join at any time.</font>
  • New players may opt to join a faction. They must have approval from the faction leader if they wish to join an independant faction.</font>
  • If joining a faction, new players will be placed near that faction.</font>
  • If possible, minor NPC planets will be given to the new player. Otherwise, new planets will be created.</font>
Probes and Probe Screens:</font>
  • Excessive amounts of probes owned by a single player or faction will need to be explained and the amount may possibly be reduced after consultation with the GMs.</font>
  • Please keep probe screens to a minimum. Maximum of 2 levels.</font>
Maintenance:</font>
  • The following will occur every 10 turns:</font>
  • Faction players must transfer enough money to the leader's account.</font>
  • The GMs will run a faction report, to determine each faction's net worth.</font>
  • 5% of each faction's physical net worth will be deducted from the leader's account, representing the salary of the soldiers, as well as cost of repairs, spare parts, stocks, etc.</font>
  • If the Maintenance for a turn cannot be paid, the faction will have until the next Maintenance calculation to obtain enough VPs. If, after 10 turns, the Maintenance can still not be paid, units or structures must be scuttled until the required amount is reached.</font>
"Game" Points (name subject to change):</font>
  • 4 Game Point will be awarded for each turn a faction posseses all the planets in one of the 6 main NPC systems. The Coruscant system will be worth 16 points/turn.</font>
  • 40 Game Points will be deducted on the loss of a superfactions's capital system.</font>
  • 40 Game Points will be awarded on the capture of an enemy capital system.</font>
  • 4/5 the previous turn's Game Points will be added to the current turn total, for each faction. The capital capture and loss points will be exempt from this.</font>
  • Leaderboards will be ranked according to Game Points.</font>
Ship Transfers:</font>
  • As noted above, factions may sell ships to Pirates by contacting a GM.</font>
  • As noted above, Pirates may sell ships to factions of the general shipset (I or R) by contacting a GM.</font>
  • Factions may sell ships to other factions of the same general shipset (I or R), by contacting a GM. Transfers will be done at the GM's leisure.</font>
Ship Capturing:</font>
  • If an unarmed ship carrying no troops is caught by an enemy fleet, there will be a 90% chance that it will be captured intact. Otherwise, it will be destroyed if it does not willingly surrender.</font>
  • If an unarmed ship carrying troops is caught by an armed enemy fleet, the minimum nessecary number of troops will fight a "battle" against the troops in the target ship(s). There will be a 25% chance of the target ship being destroyed, and if that occurs, there will be a 25% chance of destruction of all the attacking troops. If the target ship is not destroyed, it will be captured.</font>
  • Combat ships disabled by ion fire, or out of supply, will be considered "unarmed," and the ship capture rules will be applicable to them, at reduced capture chances. If it has no troops, there will be a 75% chance of it being captured. If it carries troops, there will be a 50% chance of destruction and a 50% chance of capture.</font>
Additional Battle Rules:
- New Battle: "Pursuit Battles", explained as follows:
In addition to current battles:

Conditions:
</font>
  • The attacker's fleet has to be already one square from the target, before the turn is run</font>
  • The attacker has to turn his INT on (to prevent the enemy from jumping out)</font>
  • The attacker's fleet(s) patrol to the square the target currently is (excepted the INTs on interdiction)</font>
  • The attacker PMs the GMs, so that the GMs check the setting prior to running the turn</font>
  • The defender's fleet is on patrol away from the attacker</font>
If all conditions are satisfied, the GMs will cancel the defender's move orders during end-turn, and run the turn as normal. If the attacker gets INIT, a "Pursuit Battle" is played. If not, the GMs move the defending fleet to it's previous patrol destination. If the defender tried to jump away, normal rules apply.

Pursuit Battle setup:
</font>
  • Normal battle, but forces retreat to any side, notnessecarily the opposite side.</font>
  • If reinforcements arrive (not REINF, but jumping forces):
    - Running battle is done
    - Defending survivors may come back to assist in the normal battle that will ensue under normal rules.</font>
- Turgidson has provided a very easy-to-follow summary, with examples.

--------------------------------------------------

Please refer to this while voting. A link to the poll is below.

[ 24. June 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: nickersonm ]

Calavan

Post by Calavan » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:02 pm

hey nick, whatever happened to those civilian npcs we talked about that time?

Cracker Jack

Post by Cracker Jack » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:43 pm

Here are some ideas for alternate names to change points: Fame Points, Leadership Points, Conquest Points.

I think most of the rules look good.

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:32 pm

Important thing : EVERY member of TGU can participate to the vote. The problem is that some people might create multiple usernames, to vote more than once. Thus, change the method and do NOT use this feature of the bulletin board, please.

I'll give a more detailed answer of what I propose.

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:46 pm

Originally posted by nickersonm:
Independant factions may choose their general starting location. They may choose to start near the IM superfaction, the RP superfaction, in-between, or in the middle of NPCs.
I think that if an independant faction wishes to start close to a superfaction, the superfaction will also have to approve this choice of the indie faction. (note : and I was the one proposing that part to Nick, so I hope I'll be listened :D ).
Superfactions will recieve 50k VP each for infrastructure on the first turn, and 25k VP each for ships (including troops) on the second turn, divideable among members. Each member must recieve 1k VP minimum for structures, and 500 VP minimum for ships.
Because there will be ship transfers (within the faction), I don't think that the "minimum" numbers are really necessary. If too many players are given too low stuff, I guess that there will be a kind of "civil war" resulting in the fall of the current leadership.
If joining a faction, new players will be placed near that faction.
If possible, minor NPC planets will be given to the new player. Otherwise, new planets will be created.
First, I think that if players join a superfaction, they shouldn't be given anything by the GMs - the superfaction will give what it wants, from what it has. Perhaps it was implicit, but it needs to be clearly written - otherwise, it would be too easy to unbalance the game.

Second, I do NOT think that planets should pop up from nowhere. NEVER. I think that, given the galaxy's size, there will be enough medium/minor NPCs so that new people wanting to be independant (which, anyway, is quite the hard way to start EvR) get already existing planet.

And what you haven't covered are restarting players. IMHO : players who restart will have to stay out for a few turns (perhaps 10-15), and will only be given minor/medium NPC worlds if and only if there are still some remaining (and, if possible, without changing the map balance i.e. not puting a GE enemy in GE's back). In C2, planets were never created by miracle.
Probes and Probe Screens:
Excessive amounts of probes owned by a single player or faction will need to be explained and the amount may possibly be reduced after consultation with the GMs.
Once again, I think that "excessive" is way lacking precision.

Otherwise, I agree, but I still tell you that this poll ain't very secure (possible to create fake accounts to vote twice or even more). And that, even if a section is voted "approved", some minor changes could be added.

[ 24. June 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Turgidson ]
Image<br Email and MSN : gen_buck_turgidson_af@yahoo.fr

Pos_21

Post by Pos_21 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:09 pm

imho, supah factions should have a bit more bux to start with...

and GP values need to be tweaked, but other than that...

`y3 `cg

Turgidson

Post by Turgidson » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:11 pm

Originally posted by Pos_21:
imho, supah factions should have a bit more bux to start with...
Agreed, but I think it's gonna be hard to convince the GMs...

nickersonm

Post by nickersonm » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:14 pm

No need to convince us, just convince the players!

- nickersonm

Pos_21

Post by Pos_21 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:45 am

ok...

*waves hand at croud of EvRers*

you DO want supah factions to have more bux

sharky2342

Post by sharky2342 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:15 am

we are imune to your jedi mind trick...

i think it is you who wants to lower superfaction vp

*waves hand in air twice just to make sure

[img]tongue.gif[/img]