Dec 4 New GALSIM zip. New features

A 2D turn based stratgey simulator to be played in conjuction with SWFA

Moderators: nickersonm, insecttoid3, Corran_Horn

Bern

Post by Bern » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:23 pm

ok thanks for that info lamasu.

it seems you have tried to log on a few times most with "lamasu" as your login and once with "lama su" as your login.

for future reference your id is "lamasu".

anyways, the times you have logged in the turn was ended, pretty bad luck i guess. so to save bandwidth i dont send you any info on your ships etc when the turn is ending because your ships data is constantly changing. this is why you dont see any of your ships, the server hasnt given you any of your info yet. just keep trying to login and when you login and its not end turn you will get all your info.

btw you know its end turn when a message shows on the bottom that the turn is ended.

let me know how it goes.

[ 20. December 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Bern ]

Big Hed

Post by Big Hed » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:15 am

if that's the case how come when I log on to my account and I get turn has ended, (which has also happened the last few times fo me [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I can still see my ships?

Bern

Post by Bern » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:59 am

big hed: thats because some time before that you logged in and got your ship info. Lamasu has NEVER logged in when it hasnt been end turn, thus hes never gotten his ships in the first place.

Lama Su

Post by Lama Su » Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:37 pm

i 've lways logged with lamasu .....
So :D ?????

Big Hed

Post by Big Hed » Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:11 pm

oh, yeah of course [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...

and thanks for the mfrg

CurseUppl

Post by CurseUppl » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:16 pm

Erm, everytime i log on, its end turn :(
So how long does an end turn last? I mean, i was doing my turn the other time and then when i save i find out it is end turn again :(
A turn every 1 hour, for me it looks like the end turn lasts 55 minutes and we get 5 minutes to do out turn [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bern

Post by Bern » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:29 am

turns go every 4 hrs. ill probably slow it down a bit but im busy with this new code right now.

Big Hed

Post by Big Hed » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:16 am

its still 4 hour turns? i thought you had made it a turn an hour [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Lama Su

Post by Lama Su » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:48 pm

excuse me of disturbing ur really brillant conversation .... but ... WHAT CAN I DO TO PLAY ??????

thx :D

Bern

Post by Bern » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:14 am

im about to catch a plane for xmas vacation. can someone PLEASE help out lamasu on what he needs to do to play. PLEASE!!

lamasu, look for enemy ships and send your ships to attack them. give move or jump orders to get your ships near the enemy and then set ATTACK orders for them, the ships will automatically attack the nearest enemy ships, if they are close enough to it.

Im going to keep the server running while i go out of town, so I wont be able to do much fixing if stuff goes wrong. but i will occasionally read the board as i can find time at my family's house.

Ill be back on th 29th and hopefully by then ill have the next batch of code ready

Return to “Empire vs Republic”