CLAN MATCHES

The TGU Counter Strike Clan

Moderators: kojak, The RaVen Effect

AndyXn

Post by AndyXn » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:58 pm

it may be an idea to get the same people playing in the same team on a constant basis
we are not being let down in games by our skill but due to lack of teamwork i think that the last couple of games showed this up
all i propose is that clan matches be made up of the same players and when ever possible on the server if you can join the team that has the players you are normally teamed up with
if only I did'nt pull my zip up so fast.....

The RaVen Effect

Post by The RaVen Effect » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:18 am

Hopefully we'll be able to get together 2 regular teams, an A team and a B team. I'll also start making matches with more players (7vs7 and 8vs8) since the less people we have, the less teamwork there is. Once two teams have been formed, we can begin training, with each team playing against each other.

Anyway this idea still in the early stages, I'll add more later.

Lau @}:- -

Post by Lau @}:- - » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:53 am

can i be on both since im such a good team player :D

reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:08 pm

does teamwork count as. My skill isnt very good so i'll be the live decoy that runs like cannon fodder, while everyone else gets in position [img]tongue.gif[/img]

malinari

Post by malinari » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:38 pm

but if you do that what am i gonna do :(

reapernoire

Post by reapernoire » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:56 pm

we shall skip through the mass of bullets together reminiscing of times past, before having our brains splattered across the floor...

it'll be fun

The RaVen Effect

Post by The RaVen Effect » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:06 pm

This is what I've got so far...

A Team

RaVen
tommyg90
AndyXn
LEON
TBS
SOL
Jinxz
Joe G

B Team

smo
Mad_Larkin
Sheridan
malinari
Gaunt
Jasper
Plague
Lau
Ted
Maddog

A Team will play in competitive matches (Division 3, Hostages maps). The B team will play in friendly's.
If someone from the A team is unable to attend a match players from the B team may be called upon.
Rather than people havng people volunteer, teams will be chosen once the match has been made. Anyone unable to attend should inform me on, MSN, ICQ, the forum or server.
Players from each team may be swapped over.
Each team will face off against each other in training matches, on the clan server. Training will be played under ED rules.
Anyone who still hasn't registered on ED and wants to play in clan matches, register, the go to the TGU page on ED and click "Add myself to this clan"

Thats all I got so far. Now all we need is a time/day everyone can make.

[ 26. June 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: The RaVen Effect ]

[tgu]Ted

Post by [tgu]Ted » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:07 pm

i didn't realize that its only the top (whatever that might be) players that actually get to take part in the competitions and us lowly players are relegated to just playing friendlies - is that not the same as playing on the public server when we have one team with a majority of tgu players and the other with whoever is playing on the server.

It also appears that if the "cream team" are playing all the competitions then unless one of them dies, leaves the country or is suffering from some unbearable sexually transmitted disease then we lowly players are fucked!

If i've got the wrong end of the stick, or cant see the wood for the trees then i'm waiting for somebody to point me in the right direction - but bear in mind us lowly players are OBVIOUSLY of a lower class and can therefore take a bit of directing. :confused:

Maddog

Post by Maddog » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:08 pm

i think that is bull shit that you just get to pick the teams and we do not have a say in it. Is this not ment to be a clan where we all get to play in all the matches not for you to dictate to me which team we should be in if this is the way that it is going to go i will not play in any of the matches it should be when a matche comes up you put you name in and then do the practice with that team

The RaVen Effect

Post by The RaVen Effect » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:37 pm

How come you two only ever show up when you got something to complain about?
i didn't realize that its only the top (whatever that might be) players that actually get to take part in the competitions
So your saying you would rather have a team of random people a mixture of good and average players, who don't know how to work as a team, as opposed to a group of good players, who know how to work as a team? Because thats what the last 9 matches we've had have been(not including the latest 2) just a group of random people. And if you checked ED or the website, you would know the outcome of those matches.
Does it not make sense to field the best team there is in competitive matches?
lowly players are relegated to just playing friendlies
Well I'm sorry if you feel you're above playing in friendlies.
The reason I've set up these friendlies (holy shit, check ED/clansite once in a while)is for the, as you put it, "lowly players" to get some practice, and learn to work as a team, and improve their skills. That is the whole point of this topic, to get some training going.
is that not the same as playing on the public server when we have one team with a majority of tgu players and the other with whoever is playing on the server.
No its not the same.
It also appears that if the "cream team" are playing all the competitions then unless one of them dies, leaves the country or is suffering from some unbearable sexually transmitted disease then we lowly players are fucked!
If someone from the A team is unable to attend a match players from the B team may be called upon.
Players from each team may be swapped over.
Nice and slow now for you lower class people: That means if you show some teamwork, and skill you might get put into the A team. Or if someone scheduled to play doesnt turn up, a member of of B team will take the players place.
Course if play anything like you just did now on assault2k you may well be fucked ;)
think that is bull shit that you just get to pick the teams and we do not have a say in it.
Its always been that way. I set up a match, post the details here, then select a team from the people who have volunteered.
go i will not play in any of the matches
So no change here then.
it should be when a matche comes up you put you name in and then do the practice with that team
So training for about, an hour a week with different people each work is going to help build a solid unit? I dont think so.

If you want to take over and organise the training and the matches, don't let me stop you.

Anyway I could go on. But most of what I say probably won't be read, but hey, this was fun, you should come to the forum more often ;) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Return to “TGU CS Clan”