[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - K has to be asked...whos with me wanting a Honorverse mod?

K has to be asked...whos with me wanting a Honorverse mod?

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Postby Manticore » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:24 pm

Also, there should be a bit of a corner from the broadsides to the "top" and "bottom" the top and bottom should be flat too.
Manticore

Postby Edge_28 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:26 pm

Without doing it all over I just flattened the top a bit. Wasnt paying attention to what i was doing so moved some stuff i didnt really mean too but heh. Still just playing

Edge_28

Postby Light Soldier » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:21 pm

That looks better IMHO.
Light Soldier

Postby Edge_28 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:54 pm

one more

These are just rough things for radar/lidar plats. Very rough. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I considered doing strips down the sides for the weps points and might still. All this stuff would be lodded off as you zoomed out from the ship anyway.
Edge_28

Postby Light Soldier » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:31 am

You can make all the external stuff quite detailed considering the graphical engine of HW2 and the relatively low polycount of the main hull.
Light Soldier

Postby Manticore » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:10 am

Could you please tone down the paneling though? I find that panelling works best when subtle, and also when it's more in the specular channel than the diffuse/color channel, though that may be a limitation of HW2, not sure about that.

Remember too that just about everyone save the Andermani had fairly white hulls; the Andermani used more of a haze gray.

I guess I can do LACs and the like...
Manticore

Postby Edge_28 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:23 am

Hehe

Remember this started just as a whim. I just threw a texture on to give it something. I almost just put it up in the old non textured grey. The idea was to give people an idea what these ships looked like. Texturing isn't something I am particularly good at. Well, that is to say I havent really tried to do a good job at it yet. Thats just some general hull texture I had laying around from somewhere.

for a SD at 3.2 km long I dont think that much detail will really be neccesary or even noticed. Most of it can be done with texture jobs that depict the weps points and just little details. That last picture is probably about as close as you will get zoomed into the ship. Already I know that I put too much detail into the plate on the front and the sides since you cant see what I know is there. Perhaps the render simply doesnt show it whereas ingame it would be noticeable. I'd still say that tex's would do the trick for most of it though.

I am very much an amateur. Heh, as I said, this was simply to give an idea of the looks of these ships.

Edge
Edge_28

Postby Light Soldier » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:11 am

Be that as it may Edge, but the fact is that these ships are simply so easy to model that not much experience is needed in making them.

Anyways, i think that the weapons ports could be modelled. They wouldnt propably be anything more than a plate of hull a little higher than the rest but...

BTW, and SD is 4 to 4.5 km long. 3.2 km is closer to a Dreadnought IIRC.
Light Soldier

Postby Edge_28 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:40 pm

that size chart has a SD at 3.2km. thats where i pulled that number from.

[size="1"][ 07. January 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Edge_28 ][/size]
Edge_28

Postby Light Soldier » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:28 am

I think´thats an error on the chart. In "Flag In Exile" IIRC it is referred that the Grayson Navy Superdreadnoughts are 4 kilometers in length. It would seem strange to the very least for different classes of SD have such a high length differential since the chart shows an average.

You also might want to check this site out

It has quite good statistics for the ships. Altough they are mostly educate guesses and analysis, the length figures seem to be quite accurate.
Light Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Homeworld 2