Lots To Learn (image heavy)

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Edge_28

Post by Edge_28 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:01 am

Siren Assault Frigate....perhaps my first 3d model from a couple of years ago....redone a bit as my test bed/learning tool for puttig ships into hw2.....Textures are basics when compared to what the real artists can do. But hey, its my first UV map. the ship also is a lil bumpy...since i kinda relied on smoothing when i built it. bleh.

I have to add collision mesh...goblins ...make the engines (glow) work........but ALL of that is on hold till i can figure out why the hell the textures insist on making all those black polys....they DO go away when weps fire...i think anyway. 0 errors 0 warnings....hmmmmm. oh yeh...and shadows are off...cuz i thought that mighta been it.

[ 06. March 2005, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Edge_28 ]

Edge_28

Post by Edge_28 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:27 am

Got a lot of stuff fixed.

At this point, I just need to go learn how to add turrets to the thing.

Meurig

Post by Meurig » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:15 pm

I like the design of your ships a lot, they're interesting shapes. You need texturing practise though, I'd look around the net for Photoshop tutorials, there are loads of them out there.

Nice work [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edge_28

Post by Edge_28 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:43 am

hehe thnx

The texturing has always been second seat to other learning for me for some reason. Ill post up some more current shots of this ship in a bit though. I'm learning stuff accross the board it seems.

[ 10. March 2005, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Edge_28 ]

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:36 pm

Very nice model design. Keep at it and im sure you will do the ship justice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edge_28

Post by Edge_28 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:43 am

Heres some newer shots. Not ingame but thats only cuz maya takes FOREVER to save and to convert to hod. I have a brand new system. Plenty of frills.....This ships file can take 10-15 minutes to save. I've removed everything that shouldnt be there...drives me NUTS.

Still a LONG way to go with the textures. Iv'e been focusing on the other parts of getting the thing to do what i want in HW2. Prettymuch near complete with this one. Need to model a couple of new turrets for the bigger guns and then I need to spend a few hours doing detail work on the textures. weeeee. I avoid it like the plague.

Return to “Homeworld 2”