[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Is it just me or what ?!

Is it just me or what ?!

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Postby Lord_Hamburger » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:04 pm

I know I got late on the band wagon, but I only played homeword 2 this week after I purchased myself a modest MSI RX 9800. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But is it just me or what ?!

The story was not interesting, the balance between the two races is poor. (Once you got a BC, nothing else except Bombers mean anything)

Nothing fresh, nothing new. I finish the game in not even 2 days. Played against 5 CPU's on difficult and trashed them. It all about who harvest the most resources, and no on can beat me on that.

I mean, what happened to the HW1 days were 6 heavy corvets with a Support Frigate could wipe out any fleet of 2 or 3 destroyers. Those were the days... :(

I mean, at the least, they should have given us 6 differnt playable races to make this remotely memorable.

Bad relic, bad relic! Fuckin waste my time when I was waiting for it in earger anticipation.

So, are there any complete mods out there ?

[size="1"][ 04. December 2004, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Lord_Hamburger ][/size]
"Kill Luke Skywalker" said by the evil Emperor, Sith Master Leia Organa Solo, just before lunch.

Lord_Hamburger

Postby Zabaron » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:06 am

Theres a few mods. StarWars Warloards is a great mod. Thers a thread with the URL somewhere in general discussion.

-Zabaron
Zabaron

Postby Aurek » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:48 am

Your thoughts mirror mine, so no, Its not just you ;)

Though from what I hear it was meddling by Sierra that caused it, hence the move to THQ. Hopefully this will put them in a better position for Homeworld 3 :D

[size="1"][ 04. December 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Aurek ][/size]
Aurek

Postby Dukoth » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:02 pm

whoa, whoa, whoa

when the hell did this move happen? [img]graemlins/eekus.gif[/img]

THERE REALLY IS GOING TO BE A HOMEWORLD 3!!!! :eek:
Dukoth

Postby Durandel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:02 am

The complete crap that was HW2 was the fault of both Sierra and Relic, neither of whom gave a damn about the game or its fans.

Relic did not move to THQ - they were bought by THQ. THQ are a direct competitor to Sierra (AKA VU Games).

Sierra holds the rights to the Homeworld series. Sierra (who belong to VU games) commisioned, paid for and distributed HW, HWC & HW2. It is Sierra who decide if there will be another Homeworld game or not.

Relic did the development work on HW & HW2. Relic now belongs to THQ. It's almost certain that they will not develop games for any developer other than THQ now. It's VERY unlikley that they'll ever be involved in another HW project.

The original Relic team that developed HW has long since disbanded. Apart from the name Relic studios are a totally different group of people now (as HW2 proved).

On top of everything else, Sierra and Relic had a serious dispute during the development of HW2 and the two companies dont work well together.

Finally, the series is now so f*cked up with conflicting storylines, styles and p*ssed off fans that it's not likley to have many people interested in buying the rights from VU games, even if they were for sale.

In short, there is virtually no chance of a HW3 or expansion pack. In the unlikley event that there is any further development it will almost certainly not involve Relic.

[size="1"][ 05. December 2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Durandel ][/size]
Durandel

Postby Aurek » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:52 am

Aurek

Postby Lord_Hamburger » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:30 pm

Lord_Hamburger

Postby maxdamage » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:26 pm

maxdamage

Postby Garm » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:50 pm

Garm

Postby Pierce 2: The Sequel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:11 am

Pierce 2: The Sequel