[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Gaming Union • View topic - Osprey (Alpha Test) in Homeworld 2 (lots of screenies)

Osprey (Alpha Test) in Homeworld 2 (lots of screenies)

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Postby Skeeter » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:24 am

Just making a Osprey from Frontier: Elite 2. Although a bit updated. It is a modernised version and i might do a Elite 2 mod i dunno depends how good this turns out in the end.

I got maya 5 and the plugins and got loads of help from Starfleet, Crook and Evil'Jedi and such and finally got a model ingame mexed and all.

Oh btw crook cheers for the baking of textures idea. I got the procedural textures to come out ok with it in Lightwave. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just some weird bits on some edges so i tryed Anti Antilizing but that takes frigin ages to do. So just have to live with it till i ask for a bit more help on them next time i see ya crook if thats ok.

Here are some screenies in Alpha stage of the model so far.

Working collision mesh and mex except need to add a engine trail later or engine glow.

Edit - Engine Trail added
Edit - Refined Stats

Was woundering if anyone wanted to test the ship for me to see if the stats are ok to play with or is it unbalanced. Reason i ask is so i have stats done for when i finally finish the model cos its pretty basic atm but playable.

[size="1"][ 02. November 2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Skeeter ][/size]
Skeeter

Postby Skeeter » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:29 pm

Some more screenies

Skeeter

Postby Sheriden » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:35 am

damn! those are some nice screenies!
Sheriden

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:51 am

Not bad at all. Have you got any screenies of the craft you based the model on? I'd like a chance to see how accurately you've made it.
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Skeeter » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:28 am

Third ship down.

Skeeter

Postby TheOneNamedViper » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:46 pm

I like the extra detail that your model has compared to the original. [img]smile.gif[/img]
TheOneNamedViper

Postby Skeeter » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:57 pm

Thankyou. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Plus its only half done with the details, more to come, mainly engine details and gun mount details and perhaps better nose. And see if i can get something like a sensor dish or antenna in the model somewhere. Then i can finish doing the textures.
Skeeter

Return to Homeworld 2