my first tiny mod for hw2

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:23 am

After reading about the command line options and the info on the ship files ive made my first mod which makes interceptors buildable as 1 ship and not 3 and costs are down and unit count to 1 so it acts as 1 ship. Thanks goto the guy who posted the Data.zip with the ship files in and the guy who done the topic with all the descriptions in the ship files at relic forums.

Now if only someonce knows how to mod the formations cos i want the old favourite sphere formation

Now i know most have done this already but its my first try at this and it worked that's why im happy.

If some dont know how to do this let me know ill send u the mod.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:37 am

Ironically, I bumped it up to squadrons of 12.

Though I did find they didn't seem to work all that well in large groups, dunno whether its something with the AI or not. They just seemed to be less effective than a group of 5 fighters, even though theres more of em!

Swifty

Post by Swifty » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:15 pm

groups of 7 and 9 work best for fighters, corvetes, 3 - 5 and I have attempted it with cap ships but the formation makes them come out to clumped togther and the Ai is aliitle 'weird'
Anyways hehe i already being changing speed and what not [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Installed game- 10 minutes later i modded , well edited it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Return to “Homeworld 2”