New Weapon effects

Moderators: Meurig, Spooky, Crook, Thursday

Swifty

Post by Swifty » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:36 pm

Nothing much but this is what ive done after an afternoon of messing around
http://www.visupoint.com/btcod/Image1.jpg
The hyperspace effect on the left was real easy. Hard thing is to make it animated - which at the moment I cant see possible.

Btw I have used the GW v3 mod ETG pack and is no means intended to be released - Ive 'borrewed' it to learn ;)

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:12 pm

Yep me and swifty were hard at effects today shame its complicated as hell using FX tool and adjusting.

small note:

Hyper effect bottom left is my wormhole [img]smile.gif[/img] damn window edges tho grr spoils it plus it should be blue not white ah well. While swifty got that in a 'borrowed' crooks b5 jump gate from gw1 v1. and got it ingame just the one texture for now i need to find out about .anim files and to get a decrypted one then i can add the whole animation.

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:01 am

Originally posted by Skeeter:
Yep me and swifty were hard at effects today shame its complicated as hell using FX tool and adjusting.

small note:

Hyper effect bottom left is my wormhole [img]smile.gif[/img] damn window edges tho grr spoils it plus it should be blue not white ah well. While swifty got that in a 'borrowed' crooks b5 jump gate from gw1 v1. and got it ingame just the one texture for now i need to find out about .anim files and to get a decrypted one then i can add the whole animation.
Can anyone please tell me how to get the fxtools to work?

maxdamage.

Return to “Homeworld 2”