Kadeshi Void Release

Homeworld Mod which adds and makes available Kadeshi craft.

Moderators: InocPrime, Charvell

GnomeOfKnowledge

Post by GnomeOfKnowledge » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:02 pm

Oooo, black Swarmers! That might look pretty. :D

InocPrime

Post by InocPrime » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:18 pm

Nice, black lil buggers against a black space scene with the NLIPS gone.. wow, sounds fun [img]tongue.gif[/img]

GnomeOfKnowledge

Post by GnomeOfKnowledge » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:34 pm

That's what the 'Caps lock' key is for... :rolleyes:

Durandel

Post by Durandel » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:23 am

I've only played a brief game or two so I'm just giving the immediate issues I noticed:

1) Unit selection is very difficult. True, I could use CAPS-LOCK, but that's not how I like to play.

2) Salvaging problems - I could only salvage my own ships!

3) The new Heavy Cruiser was unable to engage a Destroyer almost directly in front of it. It seemed to be unable to get into position - it acutally went backward.

GnomeOfKnowledge

Post by GnomeOfKnowledge » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:59 am

Originally posted by Durandel:
I've only played a brief game or two so I'm just giving the immediate issues I noticed:

1) Unit selection is very difficult. True, I could use CAPS-LOCK, but that's not how I like to play.

2) Salvaging problems - I could only salvage my own ships!

3) The new Heavy Cruiser was unable to engage a Destroyer almost directly in front of it. It seemed to be unable to get into position - it acutally went backward.
Finally, some feedback. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ok, when you say salvage problems, are you talking about problems on the R1, R2, or both sides? If its both sides, I think its because some of the ships don't have salvage points on them yet. Also, that Heavy Cruiser problem isn't really a problem (or shouldn't be). Because, whenever you recently build that ship, I notice that it takes some time to charge its ion cannon (about 100 seconds, I think). So, that could explain some of its unusual behavior. Finally, about the unit selecting stuff, we might make a release where the N-LIPs are applied so that it'll make it easier to select your ships. For now, you'll have to suffer w/using the Caps Lock key, and the hot keys. ;)

Durandel

Post by Durandel » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:42 pm

1) [N-LIPS] I shall sulk until you do.
2) [SALVAGING] When playing as 1 vs 1 as Kadesh I could not salvage Kushan ships. I could, however, salvage my own ships!
3) [HEAVY CRUISER] Looked more like a collision sphere problem to me.

GnomeOfKnowledge

Post by GnomeOfKnowledge » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:35 pm

Originally posted by Durandel:
1) [N-LIPS] I shall sulk until you do.
2) [SALVAGING] When playing as 1 vs 1 as Kadesh I could not salvage Kushan ships. I could, however, salvage my own ships!
3) [HEAVY CRUISER] Looked more like a collision sphere problem to me.
You do that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] As for the salvaging problems, I don't think I can give you a full answer (Charvell might), but, in the next release, we plan on reMEXing several of the R1 ships and some R2 ships. Also, the "Siege Cruiser" does have some collision sphere problems (its sideways or something for some reason). We intend to fix the problem hopefully by the next release. So yeah, hopefully that explained some of the problems and stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img]

cdlord

Post by cdlord » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:04 pm

is it just me or is this zip file empty?

GnomeOfKnowledge

Post by GnomeOfKnowledge » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:30 pm

Its you. -_- I re-downloaded it, and it has all its contents in it. What kind of connection do you have and what program do you use to view .zip files? If you have dial-up, that could explain some things...

SyntaxVorlon

Post by SyntaxVorlon » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:30 am

The Ad. MBFs don't deal well with combat, best served withOUT formation I've found. Oh and a five unit claw works well with the reg MBFs.

Return to “Kadeshi Discussion”