HW2 model scaling

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:36 pm

Not sure why I went to XP because HW doesn't work very well with it and I'm not done with that game yet. I'm thinking about building another comp and using 98SE on it so I can still play the older games. People are trying to make the newer games more graphically pleasing but usually they end up making 1st person shooters out of them instead of making better games. A good example is MechWarrior. I wonder how long it will take them to do that with HW [img]smile.gif[/img]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:33 am

HW will work ok in 2000/XP (if you are trying to use openGL)

What you need to do is enable the compatability mode in windows 2000 (XP's is enabled by default). then select "windows nt" in the compatability settings. that should enable the opengl functions in 2000/XP.

Charvell

Post by Charvell » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:48 pm

I'm using a 9700 pro and when I use compatibility for 98 it tells me the disc is not the correct one. What's up with this?

Well... I tried the 2K mode and it actually works. The main screen menus are blacked out everywhere except where the cursor passes but still workable. The game looks almost as good as when I had my Voodoo 5500, which incidentally is still the most realistic looking card ever made to date. All the new cards pale in comparrison. Oh to have 3DFX back again...

[ 17. March 2005, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Charvell ]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:25 pm

Use the "nt4" compatability. Ive had good results with that. I know that sounds strange but it works.

[ 17. March 2005, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Pierce 2: The Sequel

Post by Pierce 2: The Sequel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:35 pm

Not so strange when you consider that HW was programmed on machines running NT 4.0... ;)

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Tue May 17, 2005 9:39 pm

Originally posted by Pierce 2: The Sequel:
Not so strange when you consider that HW was programmed on machines running NT 4.0... ;)
You learn new things everyday!

maxdamage.
ImageNFS:MW NFS:U2 NFS:C Graaaagh! hellkom
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle-station"- Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movie Star Wars Episode 6:Return of the Jedi!
"I was elected to lead not read!" by Pres.Schwarzenegger in The Simpsons :The movie!

maxdamage

Post by maxdamage » Fri May 20, 2005 10:29 pm

Originally posted by Charvell:
The main screen menus are blacked out everywhere except where the cursor passes but still workable.
That could be due to graphic card driver in-compatibility with Homeworld's opengl mode.When working in the HW menu in the SoA v95 mod in opengl the cursor leaves a small trail of black dashes as I move the cursor and the black dashes disappears and I know that support for alot of my opengl based screensavers is non-existent which could explain why we are having problems with opengl in HW with nVidia's useless nforce drivers!

maxdamage

[ 21. May 2005, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: maxdamage ]

Return to “Homeworld 2 Trek”