SWNR - H2Trek coming together?

The HW:Trek guys take on HW:2!

Moderators: TheStressPuppy, Dolphoenix, Dasher42

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:10 am

Oops :eek: OK its official i cant count lol

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:16 am

Yeah, KOTOR, I've got that problem too. I've finshed it twice so far and am playing it again.

It's increadibly addictive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I want to see what Revan's Robes look like when your a light Jedi.

[ 27. December 2003, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Zeelich ]
"You WILL respect my authority!" - Eric Cartman

Sheriden

Post by Sheriden » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:37 am

i heard good things about that game and was wanting to buy it, but whats the combat system like? i heard its nothing like JK: JA or any od the previous JK series, but it wasnt completely turn based either? kind of a hydrid... anyways any info on that could really help me out [img]tongue.gif[/img]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:53 am

Originally posted by Zeelich:
Yeah, KOTOR, I've got that problem too. I've finshed it twice so far and am playing it again.

It's increadibly addictive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I want to see what Revan's Robes look like when your a light Jedi.
Err.. hate to burst yer bubble, but if your a light side jedi u cant wear Revans robes (dark side only it says). However you CAN wear his Sith Mask :D Just stick some evil jedi robes on and pretend [img]tongue.gif[/img]

wish there was a way to stick your own face as your character :D

KOTOR is nothing like "Star Wars: Quake (JK2/JA)" I thought Jedi Outcast was good for a Quake 3 Team Arena engine game set in the SW universe, but Jedi Academy sucks IMO. I was dissapointed with that one.

KOTOR is a role player like Neverwinter Nights, but in a Star Wars theme (also made by same company as NWN BioWare).
You can custumize it to pause between combat rounds, or not to pause, and keep the action going in real time. Interaction and Quests are the same as other RPG's (HK-47 dialog is Hilarious..."Meatbag's"). Its the story, and gameplay that got me hooked.

[ 27. December 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Captain Pierce

Post by Captain Pierce » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:13 pm

Well, you can get the light side equivalent of Revan's gear, though, which aren't bad... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gust0o

Post by Gust0o » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:04 am

The Star Forge robes? Pah!

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:28 am

What the Cpt. said, that was what I was thinking of. I saw a post about it once, but I tried not to to see what they did. I want to find out for myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I guess I'm just funny that way. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

TheStressPuppy

Post by TheStressPuppy » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:12 pm

This is totally OT, but has anyone played thru the game as a dark side charachter? If so dont u feel awfull about having to be an ass just to be a Sith (mainly talking bad to your crew and killing senselessly just for SnG's, not to mention the dark side quest). I just cant seem to bring myself to be that way lol

[ 28. December 2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: TheStressPuppy ]

Zeelich

Post by Zeelich » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:00 am

I tried to once, but it just felt wrong. [img]smile.gif[/img] So I waited untill the first confrontation with Dark Bastila and sided with her, then used cheats to get full Darkside points.

I just can't play evil. :cool:

Talonpest

Post by Talonpest » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:26 am

I played through as a dark side character. It was pretty fun. Once I played through as a light character, I couldn't resist going back and doing the exact opposite of what I did the first time, because sometimes it was just so tempting to be a jerk just to see what would happen. There are some really messed up things you can do!

In some ways it was a lot easier than playing as a light side jedi, since you don't have to waste your time trying to make people happy, and you can buy whatever you want because you're swimming in dirty money. Plus you get to use powers like kill and lightning and drain. The downside is that you don't have the force heal ability- or rather, you do but it's very expensive to use and it isn't really worth spending the powers on. You can have Bastila and Jolie and... um... cat lady (I forget her name, because I killed her the most recent time through) do it for you though. Drain is nice, but you need to be fighting to use it and it doesn't heal the whole party like heal does.

Return to “Homeworld 2 Trek”